Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I had a working valid copy of Windows 10 Home on my laptop and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I looked at the activation details and it said I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EricaSummers, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix

Hi,I had a working valid copy of Windows 10 Home on my laptop and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I looked at the activation details and it said I had a digital license, so I went to the Windows App Store to purchase a digital license for Windows 10 Pro and completed the purchase. I then clicked "Install" from the store, and it errored out and did not install. I tried restarting my computer and running Windows Update a few times, the store prompted me to "Install" Windows 10 Pro again and I tried and it kept saying it was erroring out and unable to install, and clicking "Try Again" repeat

:)

EricaSummers, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from store

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. How did you perform the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?
    2. Was your previous version of Windows 10 activated before upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?
    3. What is the error you have received while trying to activate?
    4. Have you made any major hardware changes on the device after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?
    5. Have you signed with the same Microsoft Account which was used to purchase the Upgrade license?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue, if you have purchased the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade license from the Microsoft store.

Run the Activation troubleshooter

Refer the article on how to use the Activation Troubleshooter
    to fix the issue.

You may also refer the article Get help with the Windows Activation Errors
    for more information.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 5, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix [​IMG]

tamo, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade won't

2. I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate: Hello, Today I've upgraded my pre-installed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I can't activate it, the Activation Settings show error code 0xC004C003: we can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key......
  3. windows won't activate. Troubleshoot not working

windows won't activate. Troubleshoot not working: Hi guys, i need help. My PC had been telling me to activate my windows but every time i checked, it was already activated. That has changed now and it's no longer active. My problem is, how is it that it was formerly activated and now it's not. I've tried troubleshooting and...
  4. windows won't activate. Troubleshoot not working

windows won't activate. Troubleshoot not working: Hi guys, i need help. My PC had been telling me to activate my windows but every time i checked, it was already activated. That has changed now and it's no longer active. My problem is, how is it that it was formerly activated and now it's not. I've tried troubleshooting and...
  5. Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.

Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.: Last weekend I purchased a new laptop which came bundled with Windows 10 Home. As I need this for work and need some features only available in Windows 10 Pro, I immediately purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Store app. The purchase shows in my MS Account purchase...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate: I have an HP PC that came with Windows 10 Home. I went to the Microsoft store and paid the upgrade cost to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The upgrade process went fine, but now my Windows is not activated. I can't figure out how to get it to activate and the damn activation...
  7. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade, now unable to Activate Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade, now unable to Activate Windows: I have an Asus laptop that came with Windows 10 Home Edition. I went to the Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro Edition Upgrade because, as a developer, I needed some of the Pro features. My operating system is now stuck in a state where it does not think it is...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter not working

Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter not working: I recently switched out my motherboard and did a fresh install of windows. Before making the change I made sure I had a digital license connected to my windows account. My windows is also not an OEM copy. The activation page shows the error: 0xC004F213 Windows reported...
  9. Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro

Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro: I have a legitimate copy of windows 10 pro, but the activate windows overlay popped up yesterday and now it says its unable to reach the activation servers when I try to troubleshoot. 0x0020036 is the error code but I cant find much about it online, please help...
  10. Windows 10 Pro activation won't work.

Windows 10 Pro activation won't work.: When i try troubleshooter to activate the windows i keep getting this error that you can see in the screenshot below: - https://imgur.com/a/5TrttdO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-wont-work/e9199de2-28c4-4b06-baa6-a794ad14c477"