Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. I ordered an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store and received the order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PaulMcKnight1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed.

I ordered an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store and received the order confirmation via email. I didn't receive anything else Licence Key, Activation Key, etc. I did this through a Microsoft account I set up.

I can find no way to upgrade the Windows 10 licence on the laptop that requires it - what am I missing?

Paul

:)

PaulMcKnight1, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade

2. upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?: Win7 to win10 upgrades are still free right now. if you buy a laptop that comes with w10home with an embedded key uefi then you reformat and transfer a win7pro license/install, upgrade to win10pro for free will win10pro get activated? or will it try to read the embedded...
  3. WINDOWS 10 PRO UPGRADE

WINDOWS 10 PRO UPGRADE: I purchased Windows 10 Pro and began the install last night and it is STILL not loading correctly! I hit cancel now it is stuck on "SETUP IS CLEANING UP BEFORE IT CLOSES". What is the issue? I paid $199.00 for this program upgrade and did not think it would be an issue!...
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise: Yesterday I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store upgrading from Windows 10 S & received confirmation email showing that is what I purchased. My laptop now shows I have Windows 10 Enterprise & is telling me it is not activated. When I run the...
  5. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version: I have a desktop compatible with Windows 10 but with Windows 7. I use Firefox as my primary browser. Sod I need to save any Firefox Apps to another backup source before starting Windows 10 Pro full Version upgrade? Thanks...
  6. Can't upgrade my new laptop with my existing Windows 10 Pro licence key.

Can't upgrade my new laptop with my existing Windows 10 Pro licence key.: Good day, Tried to Activate my existing Windows 10 Pro license on my new HP laptop, but the activation process says that it "can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. If you think you do have a product key, select...
  7. Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine

Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine: Hi, Our CEO's Surface Pro was replaced under warranty. The original surface was licensed with Windows 10 Home, which we upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Settings->System->About->Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows. Prior to shipping the system for replacement,...
  8. Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 pro?

Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 pro?: I know that it was a free period to upgrade Windows. Is it still possible? I have a 365 Business licence on my Windows 10 Home PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/0b8eff03-da6b-4900-a126-f511fa9fa78c
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to pro

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to pro: I am currently trying to find help fixing my windows 10 home every time I try to update my windows 10 it prompts me with the following: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  10. win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: I just purchased win 10 pro upgrade from MS online store and nothing happened other than I got a receipt. my pc still shows that I have 10 home what do I do?...