Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello . . . Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and does not start the WiFi connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HiBlu, Apr 1, 2020.

1. HiBlu Win User

Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and...

Hello . . .

Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and does not start the WiFi connection automatically

I usually use the desktop with ethernet network.

Sometimes I need to use one of the two 2.4 or 5.0Ghz wireless networks generated by the Fritz! Box 7590 router.
    The problem occurs which is brand and model of access point used

These two WiFi networks have for more security hidden SSID broadcast.

If you need to connect to one of the two WiFi networks, scrolling through the nets from the bottom right drawer my two networks - although stored by Windows among the "known networks" - they are not visible and are not automatically available even if they had previously been marked on the flag "automatically connect to this network".

Curiously, the wireless network of a WiFi repeater with visible SSID, instead, is always visible and available.

Going back to the connection drawer, a hidden network is displayed: if I click on "connect" by entering the SSID of the 2.4G WiFi network with the relative password, the connection takes place regularly. After this operation a second hidden network is "visible" again which corresponds to the "forgotten 5.0G" WiFi network.

The WiFi connection works regularly until the replacement with the ethernet network and then "get lost" again in the meanders of the O.S.

I suspect that hiding the SSID is the cause of the problem, but hiding the SSID is common practice, why is this happening? How can this be solved?

Greetings . . .

:)

HiBlu, Apr 1, 2020

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Transfer Known Networks on Windows 10 Pro

How does one transfer known WiFi networks and passwords from one Win10 laptop to another Win10 laptop? I have about fifty "known networks" on my current Surface Pro 3 and want to transfer these known networks to my replacement Surface Pro 3. How is it
    done?

Running Windows 10 Pro on both PCs.

luckymaf-2, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and...

Phillip Roos, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and...

1. Windows 10 Pro v1903 "forgets" my WiFi networks stored in settings as "known networks" and... - Similar Threads - Pro v1903 forgets

2. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  3. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  4. Known Network To Available Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Known Network To Available Network: How to move a wifi network that I want to connect to, from the "Unknown Network" category, to the "Available Network" category. I have it set for "Connect Automatically", but it will not make itself available now, yet I have used it many times before....
  5. Issues when forgetting the known networks Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when forgetting the known networks Wi-Fi: My Wi-Fi router broke up and then renewed with another one by the provider. As a results, all pervious configuration in the router is lost. I have tried to config the new router as the old one. However, my Win 10 laptop still recognizes the difference between them. As the...
  6. Help with forgetting wifi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with forgetting wifi network: Hi, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to log on to a wifi network that I my laptop is familiar with, but with a different username and password (I am a teaching intern and was using my teacher's profile, now I have my own). When I try to "forget" the network and...
  7. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  8. Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

Forgetting WIFI Network from GP: We've been experiencing a strange issue with our wireless settings being deployed through group policy. Computers will work fine and then suddenly disconnect from the wireless network and appear to forget the network. Plugging in and doing a gpupdate will fix it...
  9. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  10. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...