Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you had a non-zero value set for the "defer feature updates" option in Windows 10 Pro prior to upgrading to v1903, that option no longer appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnptd, Aug 13, 2019.

1. johnptd Win User

Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

If you had a non-zero value set for the "defer feature updates" option in Windows 10 Pro prior to upgrading to v1903, that option no longer appears in the "Advanced Options" Windows Update settings section after the upgrade. A number of people have noticed this. Is this being looked into?

Thanks,

JohnD

:)

johnptd, Aug 13, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Defer Win 10 Pro Updates?

Hi Gunny,

Thank you for keeping us posted on this query. We apologize for the delay in response.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise or Education edition, then you will be able to defer the download and installation of Windows Updates on your computer system. Windows 10 Home users, will not see this option. Windows 10 Pro and Home users
    cannot disable automatic updates.

Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you select defer upgrades, new Windows features will not be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates.

Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

Follow the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type settings in the search box next to
    Start icon, and select the top most search result.

Step 2: Select Updates & Recovery option from the window, and then click on
    Advanced Options.

Step 3: Check the box Defer Upgrades.

To know more, click on the link below

Defer upgrades in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

cancel Defer upgrade in Windows 10 pro

If you are running a pro version,Open group policy editor and disable defer upgrades.

• In the Run dialog box type in gpedit.msc
    • Open Computer configuration>Administrative templates>Windows Compnents>Windows updates
    • On the right hand side, double click defer upgrades and updates and the windows that open, set it to disabled.
    • Restart and check if the update is back.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

1. Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded - Similar Threads - Pro v1903 missing

2. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  3. Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN: Well it's back. I did upgrade to the May 2020 feature update 2004 for a short time and when I saw that this happened I rolled back to version 1909. The reason I upgraded to the Pro Edition of Windows 10 back in 2018 was so I can possibly avoid a "bad" update. I hope...
  4. Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options

Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options: Hi! Since May 2019 Update there is the problem that if you enter Values (Days) on Advanced Update Options in Windows 10 Pro to delay the "Feature Updates" and "Quality Updates" for more than 0 Days, these options will disappear completely at the next reboot. If you enter...
  5. W10 Pro defer updates option is gone.

W10 Pro defer updates option is gone.: Hello. I've noticed that the first option to defer updates, the one that lets you delay Windows feature overhaul upgrades, is gone and just the other one that delays security updates os there. What gives? Thank you. [ATTACH]How it should look like: [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?: How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options: [img] 135380
  7. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options: Hello, I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be missing from my machine. This is what I should see and see regularly while I am working on machines at work: [ATTACH]...
  8. Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro

Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro: Hey guys, How can I re-enable this checkbox? I haven't been able to find any info on getting the checkbox re-enabled in 10 pro. [img] 35832
  9. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...
  10. Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option

Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option: Hi In the "Advanced options" of "Windows Update" there is the "Defer upgrades" option. If I select, what happens? Thanks Bye 8161

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro 1903 update problems missing defer options

2. windows 10 pro after 1903 update defer updates missing

3. windows update 1903 defer options missing

4. windows 10 pro defer updates missing