Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro v2004, MS account needs fixing DAILY!!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro v2004, MS account needs fixing DAILY!!!! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ever since I've updated to this version I've had an issue with the MS account needing fixing. The only way I get it to stop is by manually logging into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mudoch1, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Mudoch1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro v2004, MS account needs fixing DAILY!!!!

Ever since I've updated to this version I've had an issue with the MS account needing fixing. The only way I get it to stop is by manually logging into the account through my web browser. Then select Fix Now, It's fixed for the day, even with reboots. But it comes back the next day. VERY ANNOYING!!!. Any suggestions??? I've done everything posted on the net about this but the pattern is the same.

Note: I use Windows hello tied to my finger print. I have tried switching back to password still issue remains.

:)

Mudoch1, Aug 12, 2020
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro v2004, MS account needs fixing DAILY!!!! :(

Zakin, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro v2004, MS account needs fixing DAILY!!!! - Similar Threads - Pro v2004 account

2. windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation: I installed windows 10 pro v 2004 x64 as clean install from booting from USB win10 iso to install in second SSD drive (first drive has same win10 version installed which I want to remove) The installation completed successfully on rebooting I found the option of dual windows...
  3. windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation: I installed windows 10 pro v 2004 x64 as clean install from booting from USB win10 iso to install in second SSD drive (first drive has same win10 version installed which I want to remove) The installation completed successfully on rebooting I found the option of dual windows...
  4. Windows 10 - Need of Daily Re-start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Need of Daily Re-start: Hi, As we are now working from home, we are going days without system re-starts. I want to understand the recommendation and risks associated with computers not getting restarted frequently. 1 Is there any risk associated with computers not being re-started frequently;...
  5. Daily bugcheck reboots on windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily bugcheck reboots on windows 10 v2004: I am getting daily bugcheck reboots on windows 10 driving me insane. Ihad the version before 2004 and it was happening. I have updated to 2004 and it still happening. I was also getting some disk IO errors. I have replaced my SSDs with new ones, and replaced my...
  6. Windows 10 v2004

Windows 10 v2004: I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP Albia software, has issues with numerous 3'rd party...
  7. Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education: I've downloaded the windows 10 media creation to attempt a fresh install on my Windows 10 Pro Education computer. The Pro Education option is not available, and when typing in the product code, it says my key is not valid for the windows 10 installations available. When I...
  8. MS slide out warning that my MS account needs fixing

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS slide out warning that my MS account needs fixing: Daily a little box slides out of the bottom right of my screen advising me that something is amiss with my MS account. I've clicked on "fix it" and on every option available via the box turning everything OFF. All my default apps are NOT MS apps. Now I just want that...
  9. "You need fix your MS account" popup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "You need fix your MS account" popup: This is what I'm talking about [img] 76501
  10. Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps.": OK, I have Googled this annoying notification and have become completely confused on how to handle it. The reason for this is that I just don't understand (or rather, can't get a handle on) MS account. So, let me tell you what I have, and perhaps you can lead me on as how to...