Windows 10: Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Desktop) my audio seems to fail. Seems to happen after the computer comes out of Hybrid Sleep. I have Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elstaci, Jan 29, 2018.

1. elstaci Win User

Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep

Hi,

Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Desktop) my audio seems to fail. Seems to happen after the computer comes out of Hybrid Sleep. I have Nvidia HDMI Audio for my Onkyo Receiver and Microsoft Bluetooth driver for my Bluetooth Headphones. Many times I have to go back to Sound Panel and re-input my configuration of my Onkyo Receiver. It goes to default without warning. From 5.1 to stereo for instance.

Since I installed Intel Bluetooth drivers for my Bluetooth card. I use the Bluetooth Headphones as my default audio device. When I start Kodi and I see the recording frozen, I need to go to WIndows setup -Bluetooth and disconnect and Reconnect the bluetooth connection to my headphones. Once I do that and restart Kodi everything work fine.

The symptoms I get now is that when I try to test either the Headphones (Microsoft Audio driver) or Receiver (Nvidia HDMI audio driver) I get the error message that the Tone Test failed. I tried uninstalling or disabling and reinstalling/re-enabling both Audio drivers which then tells me I need to restart the computer. I tried to restart Windows Audio Service and fails. The error I received is that it timed out. But once I restart or reboot the computer everything works fine again.

I decided to prevent the computer from going into the sleep cycle in any way. I am going to see if it prevents that Audio from not working again.

I have run SFC /scannow and DISM. all comes back without corruption or missing files. I checked for virus/Malware using Malwarebytes and Spybot and my Mcafee Virus scanner. All comes out clean.

I figure it must be my Intel Bluetooth drivers has some sort of conflict with the latest Windows 10 that causes the Audio to be kept busy preventing any audio from working. I have installed the latest Bluetooth/Wifi Intel drivers to no avail.

Has anyone have a similar problem since updating to Windows version 1709?

:)

elstaci, Jan 29, 2018
  2. elstaci Win User

Windows 1709 audio inop after sleep and while Bluetooth active

Hi,

Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Desktop) my audio seems to fail. Seems to happen after the computer comes out of Hybrid Sleep. I have Nvidia HDMI Audio for my Onkyo Receiver and Microsoft Bluetooth driver
    for my Bluetooth Headphones. Many times I have to go back to Sound Panel and re-input my configuration of my Onkyo Receiver. It goes to default without warning. From 5.1 to stereo for instance.

Since I installed Intel Bluetooth drivers for my Bluetooth card. I use the Bluetooth Headphones as my default audio device. When I start Kodi and I see the recording frozen, I need to go to WIndows setup
    -Bluetooth and disconnect and Reconnect the bluetooth connection to my headphones. Once I do that and restart Kodi everything work fine.

The symptoms I get now is that when I try to test either the Headphones (Microsoft Audio driver) or Receiver (Nvidia HDMI audio driver) I get the error message that the Tone Test failed. I tried uninstalling
    or disabling and reinstalling/re-enabling both Audio drivers which then tells me I need to restart the computer. I tried to restart Windows Audio Service and fails. The error I received is that it timed out. But once I restart or reboot the computer everything
    works fine again.

I decided to prevent the computer from going into the sleep cycle in any way. I am going to see if it prevents that Audio from not working again.

I have run SFC /scannow and DISM. all comes back without corruption or missing files. I checked for virus/Malware using Malwarebytes and Spybot and my Mcafee Virus scanner. All comes out clean.

I figure it must be my Intel Bluetooth drivers has some sort of conflict with the latest Windows 10 Bluetooth driver that causes the Audio to be kept busy preventing any audio from working. I have installed
    the latest Bluetooth/Wifi Intel drivers to no avail.

elstaci, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Windows 1709 audio inop after sleep and while Bluetooth active

Those supposed independent sites have monetary reasons for their ratings. Also, they use test beds which are provided by some of the tested developers which contain all sorts of entries that do not actually exist. Of course, that gives the developer a
    huge advantage in detecting their own supplied threats. Microsoft's Windows Defender protects their own as well as a few hundred million of consumer systems so do you think they would really develop and use a sub-standard platform?

The only way to see if McAfee has a role in the issue is to fully uninstall it.

If you later want to re-install it that is up to you.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep

1. Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep - Similar Threads - pro version 1709

2. no hybrid sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hybrid sleep option: Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow...
  3. Microphone audio inop after every reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone audio inop after every reboot: A friend and I both have this save problem and we have worked for days with reload, checks of drivers, searching for any answers. Making the mic Default, or Default Comm which makes no difference in the problem. What happens, we are using Mic input on the rear of new I9 HP...
  4. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  5. Hybrid sleep not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hybrid sleep not working: This started happening after i reset my pc. I have background apps for my mic and customization purposes, but when my computer goes to sleep, they all stop working once i wake it up. I asked a while ago and they said to enable hybrid sleep, but it is on and has been on for a...
  6. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  7. Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10: All sound is inoperative in my windows 10 system. Happened when I reset the system using a Windows 10 download. Device manager lists " Audio device on high definition Audio Bus". Attempting to reload the driver for this device results in an error "IDT high definition Audio...
  8. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  9. Windows 10, version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, version 1709: Where can i download. ISO Windows 10, version 1709 ? 106501
  10. Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update: Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update Can anybody explain why and how to get it back. I go to power options --> advanced settings and under sleep I only get Hibernate after where as before update I got Hybrid sleep option as well. Please help....