Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a few general questions I want to ask about: 1) Windows 1809 will be released soon and I want to know when the Windows 10 Media Creatie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions

Hi, I have a few general questions I want to ask about:

1) Windows 1809 will be released soon and I want to know when the Windows 10 Media Creatie Tool will contain this update. Is it available to download on the same day as the 1809 update is released?Please keep in mind that I'm using a Dutch/Belgian version so theremight be a time-gap.

2) I want to do fresh install with Windows 10 Media Creatie Tool on an USB stick and I want to know what is best during the install. Do I first create an offline account, update and tweak Windows the way I want it, install Drivers and Software and then switch to a Microsoft Account, or is it better to do it right from the start, I mean during the install of 1809?

3) Matter of fact I already used the Windows 10 Media Creatie Tool twice as of late. One time I installed Windows from an ISO and yesterday I made one on an USB and re-installed again to test things out. I followed the instructions given in the link below to "Clean Install Windows 10" and both installments worked perfectly.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7378d93e587Tho

There' one thing that bugs me a bit, namely, in this tutorial, or the comment section below a tip was given to delete all the partitions (except your Data partition) and so I deleted Windows, System Reserved and Factory Image, because I assumed all of them would be re-created during my fresh install. Alas my Factory Image didn't make it. Did I make a wrong choice here, or is this nothing to worry about?

I still have an Acronis Image of it so I can always put it back if I want to.As I bought a 16gb USB stick yesterday my local computer shop guy said it was alright.But to be absolutely sure I want to check with the knowledgeable crowd here at Tenforums.

4) Is it possible or safe to unplug my Internet/Network cable during the installation of Windows?The reason I ask is because when do a fresh install Windows automatically updates a few Drivers, and I would like to update those myself after the installation of Windwos.

Well, I'm not sure Windows updates those Drivers during the installation or directly after Windows is installed. Either way I have no control over it. I want to be able to update my Graphics Driver (Nvidia) as quickly as possible after the Windows installation, so Windows doesn't have a chance to do it. I have an offline version of my Graphics Driver ready, so I could unmplug my Internet cable just after Windows installation is finished, but if Windows already updates my Drivers during the installation I'm too late. What would be the best way to remediate this?

PS I posed 4 questions so I think it would be best to add a number, ranging from to 1 to 4, depending on which question you want to answer to avoid any confusion.

Thanks in advance, regards Carlo.

:)

witten1972, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions :)

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions

1. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions - Similar Threads - Pro version 1809

2. Windows 10 Fresh Install Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Question: I'm planning on rebuilding my PC with some new components. I want to do a fresh install of Win 10 on a new NVMe M.2 SSD. My current Win 10 Home is derived from a free upgrade from Win 7 Home. I understand that there's a difference between a new Win 10 Home product key and...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: We are a small business (3 employees) and upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 back at the end of May. We have had nothing but problems. The latest one was due to some Windows updates which got automatically installed. We had to call our computer support...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.

Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.: I had this issue with Version 1809 last year december, an agent from Team Microsoft told me to "not yet install it and give it a few weeks before trying again". Never did i again tried to install the 1809, but now i recently notice that my device began to slow down and found...
  5. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions

Windows 10 Pro version 1809 fresh install related questions: Hi, I have a few general questions I want to ask about: 1) Windows 1809 will be released soon and I want to know when the Windows 10 Media Creatie Tool will contain this update. Is it available to download on the same day as the 1809 update is released? Please keep in mind...
  7. 1809 Installation Questions

1809 Installation Questions: I bought Windows Pro back in the day when 8 came to a sudden end and 8.1 came out with the message that if you wanted a DVD Player, you needed the PRO version. Now, anyone who knows computers knows that I am just an old man who doesn't need the PRO version of Windows at all!...
  8. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  9. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...
  10. Installation related question

Installation related question: I am about to Install Windows 10 my questions if i choose "Nothing" everything will be deleted including files apps and settings will it also delete the drives too or only C:/ drive? Regards 28818

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall windows 10 pro 1809 iso

2. windows 10 1809 fresh install