Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After spending a week trying to get Workgroup networked computers to communicate with each other, I finally got the solution. I originally could see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P5BROWNE, Feb 5, 2019.

1. P5BROWNE Win User

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup...

After spending a week trying to get Workgroup networked computers to communicate with each other, I finally got the solution. I originally could see the other computers in the network, but kept getting the `You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name.

Under System Properties, each computer was given a Name, Computer description, and a Workgroup Name (Common to all computers))

99% of the info I found online, including Microsoft's website, was WRONG!

You Do NOT have to change any Services items such as Function Discovery, Network Connections, Peer items, SSDP, DNS and UPnP, etc. LEAVE ON DEFAULTS!

It all comes down to how you set up your sharing on each computer.

Setting up Windows Settings > Network and Internet > Status > Change connection properties > Select Private

Back to Status:

Sharing options > Under Private > Turn on network discovery , and Turn on file and printer sharing

Sharing options > All Networks > Turn off password protected sharing

For my purposes, I will setup a folder called Shared on each computer in the network.

Now, right click on the Shared Folder > Properties > Shared Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Put check mark in Share this Folder. Shared name is Shared > Permissions > 2 items should now be available Everyone and Administrators (PC-NAME\Administrators). 3 Allow permissions should be checked for Full Control, Change and Read for both Group or user names. If a Group or User is missing, add.

Also under Shared Properties > Security > 4 listings: Everyone, SYSTEM, PC-Name (PC-NAME\PC-Name), Administrators(PC-NAME\Administrators) and Allow check marks for all items. (If any of these 4 listings are missing, Add)

The systems originally had earlier versions of Windows 10, and since the computers were new, I deleted the old version and installed the 1809 version brand new.

Had issues with the Intel Driver Assistant and Dell's Support Assistant knocking out the network. By passed, and only used Dell's Command Update. Any driver issues not installing, downloaded directly from Dell. If upgrading an earlier Windows 10, and you run into either of these 2 upgrade programs, you may want to remove before the upgrade. If using, be aware they may cause issues.

All 3 of the computers are talking to each other. As a precaution, after up and running, added in one program at a time, and checking after the network was still a go.

:)

P5BROWNE, Feb 5, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Feb 5, 2019
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup... - Similar Threads - Pro Version 1809

2. You do not have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to open this file: I have a solid-state drive in an external USB enclosure, with files and folders copied from my old Windows 10 laptop. I now use Windows 11 on a new laptop. The SSD is encrypted with BitLocker. I have the password, and can unlock the drive fine. The problem I'm encountering is...
  3. Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc: After upgrading to Win 10 version 20H2 and then going back to version 2004 because 20H2 caused the PC to run to slow and some programs would not open. I now can no longer access the PC that went through the upgrade and then roll back by the other 2 PC's that did not go...
  4. Photos you do not have permission to access.

Photos you do not have permission to access.: How do I unlock photos Windows 10 to many photos to unlock one at time Pennyc1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-you-do-not-have-permission-to-access/eba93b17-3e6f-4415-9f2d-d6e0d52a60b3"
  5. Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: I have three PCs all running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. All the sharing settings are identical where network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on as well as password protected sharing turned off. Computer 1 can see the other two computers but: Can...
  6. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  7. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Support
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  8. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC123

You do not have permission to access \\PC123: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my home network of which 2 are running under Win7 and are part of a Home group and 2 running under Win10 that cannot join my Home group. In File Explorer on PCs running under Win7, I can see an icon named Home group. I can access each other PCs running...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.

You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.: I have three computers that share files on one of the three. We have had no problems doing this until recently. Now I can find files on that computer by clicking on a Quick Access folder, which is on that computer, but I cannot save files there. In order to do so, I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro share access permissions on network

2. dont have permission to save files on windows 10 version 1809

3. win 10 1809 windows cannot access you do not have permission

4. windows 10 1809 workgroup problems,
  5. how to access a network shares partion in windows 10 1809,
  6. cant fix windows 10 ver 1809 permissions