Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since updating to that version of Windows 10, I have not been able to use VMware, it says to disable device/credential guard, even though they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by win7betterthanwin8, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation

Since updating to that version of Windows 10, I have not been able to use VMware, it says to disable device/credential guard, even though they were disabled before the update. Did the update reset the settings? It has not done this for other updates. for me at least

:)

win7betterthanwin8, Oct 24, 2020
  2. PaulBosio Win User

KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message - Windows 10 Help Forums

better solutions to fix rather than uninstalling the update....

Either reg fix or compatibility administrator tool

For compatibility administrator tool, only need to install 1st one on list and unselect the rest (only a 7.7Meg install)

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message - Windows 10 Help Forums

PaulBosio, Oct 24, 2020
  3. VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10

I have the same issue.

Windows 10 Pro latest update, latest version of VMware 15.5 workstation Pro.

Lenovo P50

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

32 GB ram

KStreet-old, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation

Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?

DavidTiewan2, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation

1. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 breaking VMware Workstation - Similar Threads - Pro version 2004

2. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  3. VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users when upgrading from Windows 7/8.1 or earlier versions of Windows 10, […] This article VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player: I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?...
  5. VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10: I am unable to run VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10 , It says check for compatibility assistance. Initially, the error was. Device Guard and Credential Guard the symptoms matching exactly same as https://communities.vmware.com/thread/588526 I am...
  6. Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation: On September 26, Microsoft shipped KB4517211, an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 with a fix for audio issues and other problems, but it looks like the software update is hardly the smooth experience users had hoped for. Earlier this week we learned that several...
  7. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  8. Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15: [img] [img] Hi. I am having an issue installing Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware Workstation Player 15. Attached are screen shots of the errors I get. My operating system is Windows 7 Pro. I've tried several ways of doing so, the final being...
  9. Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?: I recently learned of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations as version of Windows 10 geared toward very high-end workstation hardware. Then I happened to configure a Dell Precision 7820 Tower online, and I noticed that in the operating system section, it offers a choice of Windows...
  10. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...