Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is more of an alert that a question, and it may very well apply only to a Dell XPS 8930 computer. However, I am posting it as a question so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GawainTheGreenGiant, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures

This is more of an alert that a question, and it may very well apply only to a Dell XPS 8930 computer. However, I am posting it as a question so that replies might be generated and/or to notify Microsoft of the situation.

Last Tuesday morning, using an ISO for version 2004 that was only a day or two old, I installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 to replace Windows 10 Home 1909 and very quickly found some serious printing problems. For example, news feeds read in Firefox using the Print Edit WE extension, printed without the headers and footers that I had set up and which printed when using 1903.

I then found that items from Politico, printed with or without using the Firefox extension, printed pages that were blank except for a few lines at the top. Word Perfect documents would print parts of a page, rather than the complete page. I could not print anything with either MS Edge nor Google Chrome.

Beginning to feel that 2004 must have been the cause of the problems, I tried printing, through our router, from my wife's computer which is still on 1903; no problems were found. I then had two well-handled support calls, one from Brother to determine that the printer was not the cause, the second with Dell. The Dell agent confirmed my suspicion as to 2004 being the cause, reverted my computer to 1903, whereupon the printing problems were no longer there.

Dell has sent my support call on to what ever Dell group handles such matters. I am hoping that I might hear from them as to a solution. I did find an oddity when I went into Settings, Updates and Security and found that the ability to delay updates allowed me to do so until, as of now, 29 June 2020; I thought that Home only allowed a seven-day delay, but I had not looked at that for a long time, so perhaps that had changed.

:)

GawainTheGreenGiant, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures

What is new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 2004

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...4/ba-p/1419764

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

Brink, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Printing Failures - Similar Threads - Pro Version 2004

2. windows 10 pro version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro version 2004: I've windows 10 pro version 1909 and I want to update it to version 2004. But when I check it shows "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." so how can I upgrade to 2004?...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1903 upgrade to Version 2004 failure.

Windows 10 Version 1903 upgrade to Version 2004 failure.: I am not able to successfully upgrade my PC to version 2004. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Here is the log from SetupDiag: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <SetupDiag xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"...
  4. ACTIVATION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO 2004 VERSION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO 2004 VERSION: I cannot find my window's activation key please tell me the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-2004-version/a413f9c8-059f-43a8-a0f6-c64f4f9d322e
  5. Windows 10 2004 failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 failure: Hi guys, I encountered this issue in the latest windows 10 may 2020 exactly after I let windows updates installs an update called cumulative update for windows 10 version 2004 for x64-based systems KB455503, what happens is that the windows doesn't open any program the search...
  6. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Clean Install

Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Clean Install: I'm loading version 2004 form a thumb drive created using the Media Creation Tool. Everything went smoothly till reboot. The setup did not ask to remove the thumb drive for the restart. Eventually, a selection box to select one of two Windows 10 types appeared, but I...
  7. Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004

Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004: Cannot print after installing Windows 10 version 2004. The installation included KB4560366, and, I subsequently installed KB4567523, but problem still persists. Get blank pages from printer when attempting to print txt and MSword documents. The printer is HP Officejet 4630....
  8. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: The only application that activates the USB connected printer is the Utilities nozzle check. Everything else will display all the options and print queue and the printer does nothing. Is this a bug? Is there a patch? Could my Windows image be damaged somehow?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 2004 Mangles Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro 2004 Mangles Printing: Installed 2004 last Tuesday morning, soon found that printing no longer worked correctly or not at all. First sign of problems was that articles edited in Firefox using the Print Edit WE extension no longer printed the headers and footers that I had set up. Then I stated...
  10. Windows 10 Home Pro 2004 Mangles Printing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Pro 2004 Mangles Printing: Installed 2004 last Tuesday morning, soon found that printing no longer worked correctly or not at all. First sign of problems was that articles edited in Firefox using the Print Edit WE extension no longer printed the headers and footers that I had set up. Then I stated...