Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help Please!!!Why is my PC running ...Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2021OS build 19042.1165Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardParsonsJR24, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

Help Please!!!Why is my PC running ...Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2021OS build 19042.1165Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Unable to see the USB Drive attached to my Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router? This is happening only on 1 of 3 of my PC's all running Windows 10. Works fine from the other 2. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that is driving me crazy trying to find. Here is how I am attempting to access this drive.I opened Explorer, Clicked on 'This PC', Right Clicked and selected "Map Network Drive"From there I entered t

:)

HowardParsonsJR24, Aug 11, 2021
  2. KHL
    khl Win User

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router.

I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer.

Until today, I was able to use a USB memory stick connected to the router as a network drive. However, when I tried swtching USB sticks, I could no longer use the memory stick as a network drive.

Here are the steps that I've taken: refreshed the USB stick in Linksys smart wifi, reset network discovery in Windows 10, tried using different USB ports on the router, reset and power cycled the router, and restarted the Windows 10 PC, tried refreshing router firmware. None of those steps made any difference.

The problem seems unsolvable, but there are hints from Linksys support that this is a known problem, and Linksys and Microsoft are passing the blame back and forth.

I got this response back from a Linksys support chat: "Linksys router feature request to update SMB to version 2, Win10 developers update changed SMB v1 to SMB v2.Precious Joy L: And we're aware of this issue."

The support chat person directed me to a Microsoft support page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709) claiming there was a solution there. I looked, and there was no solution.

If it helps, I got a case number of 10843700. However, the support people I contacted seemed to not understand the problem, and said I should contact Microsoft. Of cource, when Microsoft was contacted, they said if was a Linksys problem.

When I tried accessing the memory stick through an address, I got this error "windows can not access \\192.168.1.1"

I tried the steps at "Linksys Official Support - Setting up the Storage feature on a Linksys router with USB storage" That didn't work.

So I've tried several steps though Linksys support and given support reps detailed information, and nothing has worked and no one has been able to help.

What should I do next?

3. Unable To Map Network Drive

I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the Digital machine. I am pretty sure I have everything setup correctly on the Digital machine including the computer name, account name, password etc.
    When I select the Digital machine and drive the "Enter Network Password" box appears and it says my network password is not correct.
    Please see the attached screenshot.
    Can someone please give me ideas as to what the problem may be? Thanks very much Bill

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys... [​IMG]

artmanphoto, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below.

1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu.
    Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E shortcut.

2. Select This PC from the left panel and then select Map
    network drive
    in the Computer tab.

3. In the Drive list, select the drive letter (any
    available letter will do).

4. In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or
    computer, or select Browse to find the folder. To connect every time you log onto your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check
    box.

5. Don’t forget to click Finish when you’re finished.

I am able to see my Network Drive but I am not able to move files from or to my PC.

GillesOuellet1, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys... - Similar Threads - Pro Version 20H2

2. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  3. Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are unable to map a network drive, maybe, after updating Windows 10, […] This article Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.: It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below. 1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E...
  5. Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable To Map Network Drive: I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the...
  6. Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys: Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer. Until today, I was able to use a USB memory stick connected to the router as a network drive. However, when I tried swtching USB...
  7. Unable Map Network drive

Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  8. Unable to Map a network drive - a device attached to the system is not functioning

Unable to Map a network drive - a device attached to the system is not functioning: Hi I am trying to map a network drive in Windows 10 but I keep getting the error 'a device attached to the system is not functioning'. Any hints what may cause this issue? Regards Anton...
  9. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  10. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...