Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro version upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro version upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased desktops with Windows 10 Pro OEM licenses, the preloaded Windows is with version 1607. If I upgrade the version to 1809 does it make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fahad Iqbal (fahad.iqbal), Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro version upgrade

Hi,

I purchased desktops with Windows 10 Pro OEM licenses, the preloaded Windows is with version 1607.

If I upgrade the version to 1809 does it make any impact on license compliance?

:)

Fahad Iqbal (fahad.iqbal), Dec 31, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro version upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro version upgrade

1. Windows 10 Pro version upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro version upgrade

2. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  3. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  4. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Upgrade to 1909

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Upgrade to 1909: Dear Sir, Error 0x80d02014 installing Windows 10 Update. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 -Error 0x80d02014 Windows 10 Pro V1930, Installed on 13/06/2019 and the OS built is...
  6. Windows 10 pro version 1903, safe to upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro version 1903, safe to upgrade?: I have a Lenovo t430s laptop running windows 10 pro version 1809 and I am thinking about letting it do the windows 10 pro version 1903 update. I am just wondering if it is safe to let it do it or not yet? 134489
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809: Hello, My OS is Windows Pro. I was having problems with Windows not installing updates with version 1803. I saw a video that instructed me to upgrade Windows to maybe solve the issue. I went to: Microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10. My system upgraded to Windows...
  8. Windows 10 pro upgraded version

Windows 10 pro upgraded version: dear sir, good morning, currently I`m using windows 10 pro 1709 version, and now I want to upgrade it to 1803 or the latest version. please guide me how to do it. Regards Chandan...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...