Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Virus and Treat Protection - cannot set anything

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Virus and Treat Protection - cannot set anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am running Windows defender and Malwarebytes. I am having some problems with the Virus and Treat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gugs, May 1, 2019.

1. gugs Win User

Windows 10 Pro Virus and Treat Protection - cannot set anything

Hello I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am running Windows defender and Malwarebytes. I am having some problems with the Virus and Treat Protection settings. I notice that many of the settings are set 'off' and I cannot turn them 'on'. I have an administrator account. I cannot add any file exclusions or run any scans. Any idea to how I can solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Pro Virus and Treat Protection - cannot set anything [​IMG]

:)

gugs, May 1, 2019
  2. B SChohan Win User

Virus and treat protection

My windows 10 defender's Virus & Threat protection shows a message that " Your Virus & Threat Protection is managed by your organisation" and defender is not getting updates

B SChohan, May 1, 2019
  3. Virus and treat protection

Hello B,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command.

Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection.

Set 'Hide the Virus and threat protection area' setting to Not Configured.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 1, 2019
  4. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Virus and Treat Protection - cannot set anything - Similar Threads - Pro Virus Treat

2. Virus & Treat Protection tab missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Treat Protection tab missing: If you are having an issue with Windows 11s Security App I think I found one way to fix it.1. Install a program called Malwarebytes the free version should be fine for the time being.2. Scan your device through the Malwarebytes app.3. After scanning the device go back to...
  3. Virus & Treat Protection tab missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Treat Protection tab missing: If you are having an issue with Windows 11s Security App I think I found one way to fix it.1. Install a program called Malwarebytes the free version should be fine for the time being.2. Scan your device through the Malwarebytes app.3. After scanning the device go back to...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  6. virus and protection settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus and protection settings: real-time protection is off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-protection-settings/2228d7d7-4530-40e1-a041-082bad08a08b
  7. "Virus&treat protection" followed by "setup onedrive" infinite loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Virus&treat protection" followed by "setup onedrive" infinite loop: How does one satisfy this? The yellow/black icon does not go away. When I click "setup onedrive" again I have to enter my email address again and a explorer opens. But the yellow/black icon stays at it is....
  8. Virus and threat protection settings

Virus and threat protection settings: I need to make an exclusion for the antivirus but the settings are managed by my orginization, since i have windows 10 education. The computer however is personal and is not connected to my orginization in any way. I have tried all the solutions, editing the group policy...
  9. anti-virus protection setting

anti-virus protection setting: Trying to access "Virus and threat protection" and get "Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." No IT admin, other than myself. I...
  10. Virus and treat protection

Virus and treat protection: My windows 10 defender's Virus & Threat protection shows a message that " Your Virus & Threat Protection is managed by your organisation" and defender is not getting updates...