Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I run several virtual machines on a Windows 10 host (v. 1803). One VM, an Insider Preview, W10 Pro build 18282 usually won’t resize by dragging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Garyw, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Garyw Win User

Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly

I run several virtual machines on a Windows 10 host (v. 1803). One VM, an Insider Preview, W10 Pro build 18282 usually won’t resize by dragging the corner with the mouse. Enhanced mode is checked, but the only options are full screen, or a size that is about 44% of diagonal screen size. Occasionally this machine seems to behave correctly and allows resizing by dragging. I like to have the VM sized to almost full screen, leaving just the host’s taskbar visible. I haven’t found any settings for this other then selecting or un-selecting enhanced mode. Am I missing anything?

This is an 8.1 Pro system sized the way I prefer.

Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly [​IMG]

:)

Garyw, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Schism082 Win User

No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, Nov 28, 2018
  3. shadowynd Win User
    Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Nov 28, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly - Similar Threads - Pro Hyper won’t

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  5. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...
  6. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  7. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...
  10. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper V not resizing window correctly

2. windows 10 pro hyper-v vm wont go full screen enhanced session grayed out

3. hyper-v guest window wont open

4. windows 10 host hyper-v guest can not be shut down properly