Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Volume License installed on my previously Windows 8.1 Pro OEM computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Volume License installed on my previously Windows 8.1 Pro OEM computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The hard disk drive of my computer installed with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM License broke down and had to be replaced with a new one. After I got my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BWID1, Apr 19, 2020.

1. BWID1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Volume License installed on my previously Windows 8.1 Pro OEM computer

The hard disk drive of my computer installed with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM License broke down and had to be replaced with a new one. After I got my computer back, I was surprised the operating system is now Windows 10 Pro Volume License. Can I change the product key to the original Windows 8.1 Pro OEM License? If Yes, is my computer going to revert to 8.1 Pro OEM License or stay on 10 Pro but not anymore on Volume License? Thanks in advance.

:)

BWID1, Apr 19, 2020
  2. RajuDS Win User

Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not a Tech Savvy hence unable to understand how to access command prompt on newly installed Windows 10 Pro. I am still learning & getting adapted on Windows 10 features.

I had asked the dealer to install either retail or OEM version of 64 Bit Windows 10 on my PC.

Product ID is: 00331-10000-00001-AA575

Can you please guide me now whether it is:

1. Windows 10 Pro Retail

2. Windows 10 OEM

3. Windows 10 Volume License.

Immediately upon installation, I asked the dealer why OEM alphabets are not there in the product ID to which he said that for Windows 10 edition OEM alphabets are not used.

When I contacted Microsoft chat support team for seeking help on Windows 10 updates, the team said my product is volume license hence I should contact volume license team. It was shock of disbelief for me to know instead of OEM whether the dealer has installed
    volume license version.

I would appreciate your prompt response to above.

Thanks and regards

RajuDS, Apr 19, 2020
  3. RajuDS Win User

It is a Windows 10 Pro Volume License Client Version installed.

Next to Activation it says following:

Windows is activated using your organization's activation service.

In couple of days, same dealer will install Window 10 Pro OEM version that I had requested him earlier.

RajuDS, Apr 19, 2020
  4. RajuDS Win User

Windows 10 Pro Volume License installed on my previously Windows 8.1 Pro OEM computer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not a Tech Savvy hence unable to understand how to access command prompt on newly installed Windows 10 Pro. I am still learning & getting adapted on Windows 10 features.

I had asked the dealer to install either retail or OEM version of 64 Bit Windows 10 on my PC.

Product ID is: 00331-10000-00001-AA575

Can you please guide me now whether it is:

1. Windows 10 Pro Retail

2. Windows 10 OEM

3. Windows 10 Volume License.

Immediately upon installation, I asked the dealer why OEM alphabets are not there in the product ID to which he said that for Windows 10 edition OEM alphabets are not used.

When I contacted Microsoft chat support team for seeking help on Windows 10 updates, the team said my product is volume license hence I should contact volume license team. It was shock of disbelief for me to know instead of OEM whether the dealer has installed
    volume license version.

I would appreciate your response to above.

Thanks and regards

RajuDS, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Volume License installed on my previously Windows 8.1 Pro OEM computer - Similar Threads - Pro Volume License

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem: Recently I got the message the volume license key will be expired soon. Would I update the license key to oem version without a clean install of win 10 pro?...
  5. Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer

Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer: I have windows 10 Pro on my laptop and on my PC, Is it bad enough to even Sign in to a Microsoft account due to Licenses Agreements? If so I am really sorry...
  6. how to remove an illegal volume license and install a legal Win10 pro oem license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to remove an illegal volume license and install a legal Win10 pro oem license: I recently bought a new 5th Gen Intel mini-pc with a factory installed Windows 10 pro O.S. It turns out that the China based company used a volume license for the pc. If I understand correctly it is illegal to install on PCs for home use. I didn't discover the problem...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  8. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  9. windows 10 pro volume license

windows 10 pro volume license: I want to know the price for purchase volume license for windows10 pro for 250 users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-volume-license/9e117d92-9f71-4147-8ccf-2b676b5998fc
  10. Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license: i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i decided to uninstall the linux and return the previous license which is OEM Windows 10 Pro license, is it possible? Also, what...