Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro vs Education

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro vs Education in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jda, Aug 25, 2015.

1. JDA
    jda Win User

Windows 10 Pro vs Education

So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with Enterprise. I mainly just don't want to be locked into anything with my school that might give them access, I just want the feature upgrade (like Windows To Go and Hyper-V). Anyone have useful information regarding what "Education" actually is?

:)

2. DarkLaw Win User

What's the difference between Windows 10 Education vs Windows 10 pro?

What's the difference between Windows 10 Education vs Windows 10 pro?

DarkLaw, Aug 25, 2015
  3. What's the difference between Windows 10 Education vs Windows 10 pro?

That was helpful, but confusing also, from what you are saying it shows that windows 10 education is better as compared to windows 10 pro. And that table i got from: Which version of Windows 10 should you get? Let us help.
    shows that windows 10 education is better than any other version of windows 10

Windows 10 Pro vs Education [​IMG]

ZizouZshkngo, Aug 25, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Install it on another drive, does it have it`s own activation key.

Leave your Pro install alone.

Windows

Windows 10 Education builds on Windows 10 Enterprise, and is designed to meet the needs of schools – staff, administrators, teachers and students. This edition will be available through academic Volume Licensing, and there will be paths for schools and students using Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro devices to upgrade to Windows 10 Education.

AddRAM, Aug 25, 2015
  5. JDA
    jda Win User
    It looks like it has it's own activation key. Are there any actual differences at all between Enterprise and Education? Because if not I'll probably just upgrade (swapping drives on a laptop is a pain and I'm low on space on my TB drive with all the files I have)

6. AddRAM Win User
    Read the link I posted and click compare windows editions, if that doesn`t answer your questions just Google it.

AddRAM, Aug 25, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Low on space ?

All the more reason to put it on its own new drive, it takes 5 minutes to swap a drive in a laptop.

And that includes getting up to get another beer *Drink1

AddRAM, Aug 25, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

*Ditto. . .Truer words have never (maybe) been spoken. . .*Smile

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro vs Education - Similar Threads - Pro Education

2. How can I go from Windows 11 Pro Education to Windows 11 Pro at NO COST!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I go from Windows 11 Pro Education to Windows 11 Pro at NO COST!!!: For me I DO NOT find that I will need the education version of windows. I am just wondering if I am able to go to windows 11 pro for FREE at no cost whatsoever....
  3. How can I go from Windows 11 Pro Education to Windows 11 Pro at NO COST!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I go from Windows 11 Pro Education to Windows 11 Pro at NO COST!!!: For me I DO NOT find that I will need the education version of windows. I am just wondering if I am able to go to windows 11 pro for FREE at no cost whatsoever....
  4. Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.: I bought a Laptop which come with a free windows. When I was linking with my email I selected Windows 10 Education Pro, then automatically updated windows 11 Education Pro. I want change it to Windows 10/11 Pro. Please advice me so I can do it....
  5. Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.

Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.: I bought a Laptop which come with a free windows. When I was linking with my email I selected Windows 10 Education Pro, then automatically updated windows 11 Education Pro. I want change it to Windows 10/11 Pro. Please advice me so I can do it....
  6. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  7. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Vs windows 10 enterprise

2. Is Windows 10 education better than home?