Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? in Cortana to solve the problem; Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise? Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jay Libove, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise?

Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on Windows 10 Pro?

On one of my computers running Windows 10 Enterprise v1909 the content of PDF files is NOT being found in Windows Desktop Search.
    On another of my computers Windows 10 Pro v1909 the content of PDF files IS being found in Windows Desktop Search.

There appears to be a difference in the Search version between the two machines:
    Pro: Click on the Search magnifying glass icon in the task bar, then the menu dots in the upper right, Build 2020.03.22.6240933.
    Enterprise: same path, Build 2019.07.18.6227079.
    Although obviously that could cause significant user experience differences, I wouldn't expect it to cause what I'm seeing PDF file contents not being indexed on the Enterprise machine. Anyway, more information:

I also notice a difference in the Search options between the Pro and Enterprise machine:
    On the Pro machine, there is a Cortana Permissions page in the Settings app. It looks like this:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? 948d9a6c-33ac-4905-8df2-5d7931d5153e?upload=true.jpg

On the Enterprise machine, trying to go to the Cortana Permissions page in Settings gives me this instead:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? c621f89e-f10f-4e4a-bfb1-f7259c50a9eb?upload=true.jpg

Both machines have the same Microsoft Live account associated with the logged-in user. That is, going to the Email & accounts Settings page shows the same content on both machines.

Furthermore, the Cortana Language Settings pages are also different:
    On the Pro machine:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? ac611793-25c1-43af-b40f-2d380137ff83?upload=true.jpg

On the Enterprise machine:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? 321dbf96-5999-48c6-867c-2a56c6b7bb36?upload=true.jpg

I get the feeling that either Cortana is disabled per force by Microsoft on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909, or I just haven't figured out Despite searching and trying all kinds of things from what I've found online over the past hour+ how to turn it on.
    .. And that just possibly some or all of this, crazy as it would be, is stopping the PDF IFilters I've tried both the Tracker Software PDFX-Change IFilter and the Adobe Reader IFilter, from indexing the contents of PDF files on the Enterprise machine.

I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jay Libove, Mar 24, 2020

2. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as version enterprise, and cannot activate with code 0x803F7001

As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button.

Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it cannot be activated with the error code: 0x803F7001

I have no idea why the Enterprise version has been installed, as I was expecting the Pro version, I am also assuming this is why the activation is failing as the digital upgrade I purchased was for the Pro edition.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? All searching through the Microsoft documents pointed me at a US phone number (I'm UK based) or this help community.

Many thanks.

WilliamHoward7, Mar 24, 2020
  3. What is CURRENT Version of Windows 10 Enterprise Volume ?

From my My Visual Studio Enterprise subscription. I use MAK keys to activate Enterprise.

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019)

• Info

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    *Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    *Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

*Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate that edition.

Released: 7/16/2019
    SHA256: 7836E1F9C293BA63976A18DC20D7C589080E538102853E844C5BBDB527306554
    File name: en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1903_updated_july_2019_x64_dvd_97049592.iso

alphanumeric, Mar 24, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

Thema:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

1. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? - Similar Threads - Pro Enterprise Search

2. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  3. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  4. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: I don't like Windows 10 Home/Pro edition because it has lots of bugs more a lot than Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, what do you think? 183081
  6. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise: I have the choice between installing Pro or Enterprise. Enterprise seems like the clear winner here. Is there any reason to install Pro? I don't want / need the store or Cortana. submitted by /u/Ganadai [link] [comments]...
  7. Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise: I've been tasked to find out of Enterprise covers the same features as Pro for Workstations. After doing some research here I found that Enterprise has more features than Pro for Workstation on top of having the same features. Would I be correct on this? If not is there...
  8. Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...: Some sites benchmarking hardware include testing with 10 Pro and Enterprise, like this site. With the limited number of benchmarks, the Enterprise version performs about 7-8% better: [img] Presumably and pretty much standard with benchmarking, the hardware platform is...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations: In conversations with customers like you, one-on-one or at events, we're often asked to help you choose between Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Pro. Specifically, we're asked to help clarify the differences between the two editions, and the impact those differences might...
  10. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153