Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? in Cortana to solve the problem; Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise? Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jay Libove, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

1. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise?

Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on Windows 10 Pro?

On one of my computers running Windows 10 Enterprise v1909 the content of PDF files is NOT being found in Windows Desktop Search.
    On another of my computers Windows 10 Pro v1909 the content of PDF files IS being found in Windows Desktop Search.

There appears to be a difference in the Search version between the two machines:
    Pro: Click on the Search magnifying glass icon in the task bar, then the menu dots in the upper right, Build 2020.03.22.6240933.
    Enterprise: same path, Build 2019.07.18.6227079.
    Although obviously that could cause significant user experience differences, I wouldn't expect it to cause what I'm seeing PDF file contents not being indexed on the Enterprise machine. Anyway, more information:

I also notice a difference in the Search options between the Pro and Enterprise machine:
    On the Pro machine, there is a Cortana Permissions page in the Settings app. It looks like this:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? 948d9a6c-33ac-4905-8df2-5d7931d5153e?upload=true.jpg

On the Enterprise machine, trying to go to the Cortana Permissions page in Settings gives me this instead:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? c621f89e-f10f-4e4a-bfb1-f7259c50a9eb?upload=true.jpg

Both machines have the same Microsoft Live account associated with the logged-in user. That is, going to the Email & accounts Settings page shows the same content on both machines.

Furthermore, the Cortana Language Settings pages are also different:
    On the Pro machine:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? ac611793-25c1-43af-b40f-2d380137ff83?upload=true.jpg

On the Enterprise machine:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? 321dbf96-5999-48c6-867c-2a56c6b7bb36?upload=true.jpg

I get the feeling that either Cortana is disabled per force by Microsoft on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909, or I just haven't figured out Despite searching and trying all kinds of things from what I've found online over the past hour+ how to turn it on.
    .. And that just possibly some or all of this, crazy as it would be, is stopping the PDF IFilters I've tried both the Tracker Software PDFX-Change IFilter and the Adobe Reader IFilter, from indexing the contents of PDF files on the Enterprise machine.

I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as version enterprise, and cannot activate with code 0x803F7001

As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button.

Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it cannot be activated with the error code: 0x803F7001

I have no idea why the Enterprise version has been installed, as I was expecting the Pro version, I am also assuming this is why the activation is failing as the digital upgrade I purchased was for the Pro edition.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? All searching through the Microsoft documents pointed me at a US phone number (I'm UK based) or this help community.

Many thanks.

WilliamHoward7, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM
  3. What is CURRENT Version of Windows 10 Enterprise Volume ?

From my My Visual Studio Enterprise subscription. I use MAK keys to activate Enterprise.

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019)

• Info

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    *Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    *Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

*Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate that edition.

Released: 7/16/2019
    SHA256: 7836E1F9C293BA63976A18DC20D7C589080E538102853E844C5BBDB527306554
    File name: en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1903_updated_july_2019_x64_dvd_97049592.iso

4. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

Thema:

Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

1. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version? - Similar Threads - Pro Enterprise Search

2. Win 10 pro vs Win10 Enterprise drive mappings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 pro vs Win10 Enterprise drive mappings: Hi I have a win10 pro pc on our domain when i log in i do get all our drive mappings as per the GPO however when logging in on my win 10 Enterprise pc with the same user account on the same domain no drive mappings are mapped. This is not localized to my pc's as others on...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations: In conversations with customers like you, one-on-one or at events, we're often asked to help you choose between Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Pro. Specifically, we're asked to help clarify the differences between the two editions, and the impact those differences might...
  4. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself: Hello the good Microsoft Community, I have a problem that involves Product Key and Product Version. Backstory: Recently I started to have a bit of spare time to game on my PC (so far just the intention), but I encountered a bit of problem. As I've been away and not having...
  5. WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version: I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from Amazon with the following label: "WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENG INTL USB". I understand this is the international version but I live in the USA. What is the difference between the International and USA version? Can I use the...
  6. windows 10 enterprise version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 enterprise version: I purchased a pc which i have just found out after some problems that it has windows 10 enterprise version installed. I need to make a recovery disk but i see that the enterprise version is not covered on the downloadable file. Can you assist please...
  7. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise: Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once. I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise. The reason is...
  8. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: How can upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Enterprise without reinstall Windows 10? 19714
  9. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153
  10. Windows 10 Pro vs Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education: So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with...