Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, why all the home crapware when its not needed

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, why all the home crapware when its not needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just setting up a new Windows 10 Pro laptop for a client. 1. Why do I now have Cortana telling me how to fill in all the settings. Go away Cortana.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrwrighty, Sep 16, 2019.

1. mrwrighty Win User

Windows 10 Pro, why all the home crapware when its not needed

Just setting up a new Windows 10 Pro laptop for a client.

1. Why do I now have Cortana telling me how to fill in all the settings. Go away Cortana.

2. I've selected that I'm adding the computer to a domain. Why oh why am I requested to enter 3 security questions to create a default account.

3. Why do I still have to put up with all the Windows 10 crapware installed by default when adding to a domain. Xbox, Games, Email, News, etc etc etc. Its not necessary and not needed.

Here is an idea. When selecting adding to a domain, why not give and option to install a basic function Windows 10 pro OS without all the crapware installed that I end up removing anyway. I don't want users playing Xbox, or games, I want a functional stable small footprint OS. Why not give me an option to not install all the crapware seeing as you have already asked be tons of other questions that aren't relevant in a domain environment.

:)

mrwrighty, Sep 16, 2019

2. CAUGHT: Lenovo crams unremovable crapware into Windows laptops – by hiding it in the BIOS

Exactly. The BIOS effectively are software in mainboard flash memory. It isn't firmware anymore. There's nothing to stop OEMs from putting whatever they want in that space.

Lenovo has been on my shit list since not long after they bought out IBM's PC division. The Windows reinstall disks were 1 disk Windows, 6 disks mandatory crapware. Welcome to the next generation crapware.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro, why all the home crapware when its not needed - Similar Threads - Pro why home

2. Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO: Hi. My boss bought me and a few other employees Surface Pros with Windows 10 HOME. We have Microsoft 365 and need to be able to login with our work emails in order to connect to our work desktops. When setting up, I was unable to use work email so assuming I need to upgrade...
  3. For Windows 10 Pro, do I need Home first?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For Windows 10 Pro, do I need Home first?: This might be a bit of a stupid question, but i couldn't find an answer for it online: if i buy a key for Windows 10 Pro, do I need a key for Home first or does the standalone key suffice? Many people call it an upgrade, but if i only buy Pro in ths first place does the key...
  4. I need update my window 10 home to window 10 pro

I need update my window 10 home to window 10 pro: i have window 10 pro key digital but i have window 10 home can't update window 10 pro , please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-update-my-window-10-home-to-window-10-pro/afa90b8d-6fb8-4d17-9b0b-6c4c3c1e4e56
  5. Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key: I have a few different issues. I have Windows 10 professional installed but my key is for Windows 10 Home. The other issue is I changed out my HDD and Motherboard. The HDD and MB both came from a spare PC I already owned. Both PC's had the free upgrade from Windows 7. Both...
  6. Crapware blocker command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crapware blocker command: Hey guys so I just found a link to a how to geek article that shows how to enable protection against PUA’s using windows powershell. Is this legitimate, or a hoax? I would like to know before I try this. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/HXD-Inferno [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1903 still comes with crapware by default

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 still comes with crapware by default: When you install Windows 10 from scratch, some Universal Platform applications do get installed by default or at least linked in the Start Menu. That's true for Windows 10 Home, Pro and even Enterprise. Microsoft has been criticized in the past for pushing games to newly...
  8. Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!

Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!: I bought a PC 2 years ago and the Windows 10 version that came with it must of been a trial one. I got the watermark to ACTIVATE WINDOWS in the bottom right of my screen. After trying quite a few times to get the correct product key, the supplier has stopped trying to help...
  9. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.: I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never given the option to choose which edition to use. After I select troubleshoot it says I have the product key for HOME not PRO....
  10. Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware: In a recent ZDNet article "Avoid Windows 10 crapware: How to get rid of Candy Crush and all the rest," the author, Ed Bott, states that there are two options for avoiding crapware. At present, I sign in on my PC with my personal Outlook.com credentials. My Office 365...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crapware why

2. hp crapware list