Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to send my Razer Blade Pro 15 back due to a swelling battery problem. Before I sent it in for repair, I made an image backup and restore boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GDParks, Jul 28, 2020.

1. GDParks Win User

Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement.

I had to send my Razer Blade Pro 15 back due to a swelling battery problem.

Before I sent it in for repair, I made an image backup and restore boot usb.

Since I was near the end of my warranty, Razer sent me a replacement refurbished machine and Windows 10 Home.

This machine also has dual m.2 ssd that are configured in raid, I decided to not configure the raid and restore to one of the ssd as I was not sure MS restore would not work properly. It worked fine but Window 10 Pro will not activate.

I went ahead and installed the OS that the machine came with Windows 10 Home . The machine is currently dual boot but the Window 10 Pro will not activate. It seems that my previous digital license has been replaced with the Windows 10 Home.

I keep both sides up to date as this has turned into a technical challenge more so than a critical issue.

This new machine ID seems to be tied to Windows 10 Home.

Can you not have multiple licenses associated with a single machine?

Thanks,

GDParks

:)

GDParks, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

whats up guys after i restored my system state, C: drive and all that stuff i was told to reboot the PC, after reboot i got this error

I activate System Restore and it all goes smoothly until, as the computer is starting back up I get

"Windows is unable to start as the following file is either missing or corrupt;
    system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys

You can attept to repair this file by using Windows Set Up using the original SET-UP CD ROM.
    Press 'r' at the first screen to begin the repair."

I attempted to repair it but im not sure what command exactly to use or what i should even do now.....can someone please help me??

my system specs can viewed over in the side panel

Da iLLeZt TL973, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement.

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement.

1. Windows 10 Pro will not activate after restore from vendor repair/replacement. - Similar Threads - Pro activate restore

2. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  3. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement

Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement: I am the original owner of an Intel PC that I purchased off Amazon with a fully activated version of Windows 10 Pro OEM. My computer died completely and Intel sent me a new motherboard but it will not accept the Product Key any longer. Do I really have to buy a new version of...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard: Hi today I replaced my motherboard, and the Windows 10 Pro is not active anymore. I've tried troubleshooting with no results, I had seen through googling there would be a "I've changed handware recently" prompt that has not appeared. My error code is 0x803F7001 and my key...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after Motherboard replacement

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after Motherboard replacement: I got my computer professionally built just over a month ago but had to get them to replace a faulty motherboard. Unfortunately its now not allowing me activate Windows. I definitely activated it before the motherboard broke and its definitely attached to my account (I can...