Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi folks, This is a very specific problem, and no amount of Internet scouring is showing an answer (and the stupid silicon 'virtual assistant' on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by magradek, Jul 6, 2019.

1. magradek Win User

Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Hi folks,

This is a very specific problem, and no amount of Internet scouring is showing an answer (and the stupid silicon 'virtual assistant' on MS's website is a waste of processing power and the energy it consumes).

I bought a PC in Feb this year. On it was Win 10 1803. Interestingly, it has never upgraded to later versions, but has kept up to date with security patches. I assume it is something to do with the SSD/HDD combo (which MS have no idea how to run with).

It's nearing the end of 1803's support, so decided to pull the plug and do a clean install.

However, my Windows Pro digital licence will not install on this PC. It's claiming I need to purchase ANOTHER Windows Pro upgrade (hence my feeling rather chipped off right now).

Note, no hardware has changed whatsoever.

Any idea how I can get this to work. Oh, and please do NOT tell me to switch to a Microsoft account. I tried that and it still didn't work, and landed up doing a second clean install to get rid of the nonsense that comes with having such an account on the PC. Surely if I have purchased a digital licence on a PC that has no hardware changes, the activation servers should know this ?

Proper help will be extremely well received.

MD.

:)

magradek, Jul 6, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or
    by re-entering the Product Key or by using the online activation, etc., but the activation error returns the next day. I purchased an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro 64 last May 2018 for a new home built PC and it worked fine until about a month ago. I updated
    the motherboard BIOS and some drivers and the Intel Management Engine but have not changed any hardware except for swapping monitors. I prefer not to reinstall Windows if I don't have to.

What can I do to fix this daily reactivation routine?

DonRoberts2, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

1. Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall - Similar Threads - Pro reactivate same

2. Reactivation of windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of windows 10 Pro: q : how can I Reactivation of windows 10 Pro-error code (0x803fa06 7) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro/7b6a352d-dcc1-42bf-96cf-0f4fc31df87e"
  3. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  4. Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change

Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change: I broke my Windows installation. I initially had 10 Home, installed from an official installation USB. At some point, I purchased a Pro licence from the store. Now after I broke my installation, I reinstalled using the same USB stick, which allows me to chose between Home...
  5. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...
  7. reactivating windows after reinstallation

reactivating windows after reinstallation: I cannot activate windows with the same product key I previously activate it after reinstallation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-windows-after-reinstallation/c3776701-9a4a-4fe2-9628-84c4d5594d47"
  8. Reactivate my Windows after reinstallation

Reactivate my Windows after reinstallation: Hi! I just reinstalled my Windows and now I can't reuse the license key, I get the error 0x80041023. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-my-windows-after-reinstallation/49d38a32-2cab-4e5c-b852-88e35c2b4e8f"
  9. reactivation of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reactivation of Windows 10 Pro: Hi. Windows is telling me that I need to reactivate. On the Activation page in Settings, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I have absolutely no idea what this means. I bought this pc second-hand, with Win 10 Pro already installed,...
  10. Trouble reactivating licenses after reinstallation of Windows 10

Trouble reactivating licenses after reinstallation of Windows 10: Hi Everyone I will try to keep this brief, but it is a little complex... My company bought 300 Windows 10 licenses for products we were providing to our client. We were able to activate all the licenses in our assembly line (in China), although we had to use the Microsoft...