Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi folks, This is a very specific problem, and no amount of Internet scouring is showing an answer (and the stupid silicon 'virtual assistant' on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by magradek, Jul 6, 2019.

1. magradek Win User

Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Hi folks,

This is a very specific problem, and no amount of Internet scouring is showing an answer (and the stupid silicon 'virtual assistant' on MS's website is a waste of processing power and the energy it consumes).

I bought a PC in Feb this year. On it was Win 10 1803. Interestingly, it has never upgraded to later versions, but has kept up to date with security patches. I assume it is something to do with the SSD/HDD combo (which MS have no idea how to run with).

It's nearing the end of 1803's support, so decided to pull the plug and do a clean install.

However, my Windows Pro digital licence will not install on this PC. It's claiming I need to purchase ANOTHER Windows Pro upgrade (hence my feeling rather chipped off right now).

Note, no hardware has changed whatsoever.

Any idea how I can get this to work. Oh, and please do NOT tell me to switch to a Microsoft account. I tried that and it still didn't work, and landed up doing a second clean install to get rid of the nonsense that comes with having such an account on the PC. Surely if I have purchased a digital licence on a PC that has no hardware changes, the activation servers should know this ?

Proper help will be extremely well received.

MD.

:)

magradek, Jul 6, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or
    by re-entering the Product Key or by using the online activation, etc., but the activation error returns the next day. I purchased an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro 64 last May 2018 for a new home built PC and it worked fine until about a month ago. I updated
    the motherboard BIOS and some drivers and the Intel Management Engine but have not changed any hardware except for swapping monitors. I prefer not to reinstall Windows if I don't have to.

What can I do to fix this daily reactivation routine?

DonRoberts2, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

1. Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall - Similar Threads - Pro reactivate same

2. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...: Hi MS team, hope you are doing great!As the title says, basically! The product key was bought from a reseller store and worked just fine.Now I have to change my hard drive with a new ssd and I'm gonna reinstall windows 10 pro again downloading the last ISO release from here....
  3. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...: Hi MS team, hope you are doing great!As the title says, basically! The product key was bought from a reseller store and worked just fine.Now I have to change my hard drive with a new ssd and I'm gonna reinstall windows 10 pro again downloading the last ISO release from here....
  4. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 pro on secondhand computer after reinstalling Windows

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 pro on secondhand computer after reinstalling Windows: Hi all,I recently purchased a computer secondhand, which came with Windows 10 pro installed. I had problems resetting the computer I think because the restore options weren't set up by the previous owner, so I had to use the Windows installation media to reinstall Windows 10...
  6. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 pro on secondhand computer after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 pro on secondhand computer after reinstalling Windows: Hi all,I recently purchased a computer secondhand, which came with Windows 10 pro installed. I had problems resetting the computer I think because the restore options weren't set up by the previous owner, so I had to use the Windows installation media to reinstall Windows 10...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc: Hello, I would like to reinstall windows on my same pc to get a genuine copy of windows and activate it with a product key. My question is if I reinstall windows 10 from a usb what will happen to my ssd that already has windows 10 on it? I’m trying to do a clean fresh install...
  8. Windows 10 reactivation after reinstalling

Windows 10 reactivation after reinstalling: I was having some problems with my pc so I did a fresh start of it so reinstalling it and after I did that It said I needed to activate windows. Whenever I enter the product key, It give me the error code 0xc0000022, and on the activation tab in settings it gives me the...
  9. Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro but it isn't reactivating.

Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro but it isn't reactivating.: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my old Pavilion. It has a digital license from an earlier upgrade from Windows 7 Home mfr installed to Windows 7 Pro. I previously reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on this machine and the digital license was recognized and automatically...
  10. reactivating windows after reinstallation

reactivating windows after reinstallation: I cannot activate windows with the same product key I previously activate it after reinstallation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-windows-after-reinstallation/c3776701-9a4a-4fe2-9628-84c4d5594d47"