Windows 10: Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios

Discus and support Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro installed it was working fine then wouldnt boot to windows got error message press f1 to recover bios i did start up repair said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by baptist772, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios

I have windows 10 pro installed it was working fine then wouldnt boot to windows got error message press f1 to recover bios i did start up repair said couldnt repair so thinking could be drive installed windows on new drive didnt work upgraded bios same thing then when pc starts up if i press f1 to enter bios then press f7 then f8 select drive it boots to windows motherboard is asus dark hero any ideas what could be wrong

:)

baptist772, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios

1. Windows 10 pro will only boot from bios - Similar Threads - pro boot bios

2. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.: Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit with or without any changes, it boots to windows 10 fine. All other versions of windows on other drives have been deleted and...
  3. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.: Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit with or without any changes, it boots to windows 10 fine. All other versions of windows on other drives have been deleted and...
  4. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  6. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  7. Windows 10 Failure, Booting BIOS Only.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Failure, Booting BIOS Only.: Hello, i would like some help if anyone is willing. 3 days ago i got a windows 10 error at booting srttrail.txt i did try startup repair and nothing work'd. I found a solution somewhere on microsoft forums about this and suggested to use....
  8. Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10: I searched in this thread for a while, and don't even know if I'm in the right place, but my brother's computer is having some issues. If the computer is completely off, and we turn it on, it immediately opens BIOS, and BIOS works perfectly. Windows 10 will not boot up, and I...
  9. Window 10 ASUS Tablet only boots to BIOS menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 ASUS Tablet only boots to BIOS menu: I did this to myself but I want to know if there’s anyway to recover or have I killed my tablet. I’ve got a ASUS VivoTab Smart tablet with Windows 10 installed. Recently it kept rolling back a big update saying I didn’t have enough space on my C: drive. I had...
  10. Windows Boot Manager in BIOS boots only at Boot position 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager in BIOS boots only at Boot position 1: I need to put the Windows OS, that means Windows Boot Manager in BIOS at Boot option 2, but in this case it does not boot. I need to put at boot position 1 PXE boot and if that fails boot from Boot option 2 (Windows). How could I do that? My motherboard is Gigabyte...