Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I finally got fed up with this so, a report. Im using Visual Studio 2019. SO I click on the top part and start dragging... It causes Other windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeithCrotty, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App

I finally got fed up with this so, a report.

Im using Visual Studio 2019. SO I click on the top part and start dragging... It causes Other windows to minimize. Its NOT a touch screen. Of course, It does not happen every time, but its often enough to be damned irritating. Especially, if you are like me and may have Multiple Version of other apps running. LIke Notepad, or Edge. You have to stop, and try and figure out which of them was the one you want.

:)

KeithCrotty, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 Pro   Windows MInimizing while dragging an App :(

puma99dk|, Aug 27, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App

1. Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App - Similar Threads - Pro MInimizing while

2. Minimizing window while dragging and dropping a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimizing window while dragging and dropping a file: While dragging and dropping a file from one window to another window/app the window that I'm dragging the file from does not minimize. Right now when ever I'm doing this I have to first position both windows so that I can drag and drop it but it would be much easier if the...
  3. Minimizing window while dragging and dropping a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimizing window while dragging and dropping a file: While dragging and dropping a file from one window to another window/app the window that I'm dragging the file from does not minimize. Right now when ever I'm doing this I have to first position both windows so that I can drag and drop it but it would be much easier if the...
  4. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  5. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  6. Windows 10 pro drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro drag and drop: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.685 I'm having a problem with drag and drop. If, for example, if I start program WinMerge from a desktop shortcut, I can drag and drop files/directories from the file manager onto the WinMerge window. But if I start WinMerge from a...
  7. How to stop dragging windows from minimizing everything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop dragging windows from minimizing everything?: Whenever I click the top of a window and drag it around, if I move the window around too much, every open window will minimize as if I clicked the show desktop thing at the bottom right. How do I turn this annoying feature off? submitted by /u/impurekitkat [link]...
  8. See a window while dragging that window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    See a window while dragging that window.: When I grab a window to drag it somewhere else on my desktop, I cannot see the window while I am dragging it. I am using Windows 10, fully updated. Also, does whatever I do to set this setting get undone during an update or when I change a different setting that should be...
  9. Show windows contents while dragging:

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows contents while dragging:: Every few days I have to go into System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings and click Adjust for best appearance (even though it is already selected) then OK out of all of these dialog boxes. If I don't do this the windows are just wireframes like back in Windows...
  10. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751