Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielJestes, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process on the SSD. Originally I accidentally installed Home but I realized the mistake and reinstalled Pro which is the version I had on my HDD just prior to trying to installing the SSD. I went to the activation page and ran the troubleshooter under the, "I changed hardware recently" option and it said it failed. I restarted on my HDD and connected my license to my Microsoft account and then restarted on my SSD.

When I now go onto the devices page of my Microsoft account there are two desktop PCs, one being the HDD I was using previously and the other being the SSD I'm trying to activate now. Both are up to date running v1903 and say Windows 10 Professional. However, when I run the troubleshooter, only the PC name connected to the HDD shows up as an option to activate and not the other connected to the SSD.

I don't have a product key but I was, of course, running a legit version on my HDD before so I would expect that there would be the digital license tied to my motherboard. I, again, also connected my license on my HDD to my Microsoft account so it shouldn't matter even if I had changed my motherboard.

I don't care about the HDD and will probably just wipe that and use it as extra storage later, I just want to activate Windows on the SSD. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

DanielJestes, Aug 18, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. [​IMG]

4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. - Similar Threads - Pro won't activate

2. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.: Hello all. Recently my motherboard died and I had a shop replace with a fresh board of the exact same model. After a while of using the PC again I noticed the ''activate windows 10'' watermark showed up in the corner. So I go to the security screen, troubleshoot and...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate: I have an HP PC that came with Windows 10 Home. I went to the Microsoft store and paid the upgrade cost to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The upgrade process went fine, but now my Windows is not activated. I can't figure out how to get it to activate and the damn activation...
  4. Windows 10 activation after SSD replacement

Windows 10 activation after SSD replacement: Hello, I purchased a copy of windows 10 in 2016. Now that I upgraded my ssd, the key is not being recognized. I already tried login with microsoft account and I can't see troubleshooting button on the activation page. Please help Gabe...
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change: I have changed most of the Hardware in my PC and I knew it was bound to happen that Windows is going to throw a fit I found a guide that said to just troubleshoot it and to specify that a Hardware change has happend. There is no such button for me there. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. My windows 10 pro won't activate!

My windows 10 pro won't activate!: I recently installed new hardwares on my pc, this includes a new CPU, GPU and motherboard, ever since I installed all of these, my system have been deactivated(I am using the same master drive), I tried using the troubleshoot function, clicking the "I recently change...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.

Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.: Hey everyone, before I switched my motherboard I got the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. After I switched it I now have a grey letter in the bottom right stating "Activate Windows go to setting to activate windows." Which I have tried doing so and I've used the option...
  8. Windows 10 Pro activation won't work.

Windows 10 Pro activation won't work.: When i try troubleshooter to activate the windows i keep getting this error that you can see in the screenshot below: - https://imgur.com/a/5TrttdO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-wont-work/e9199de2-28c4-4b06-baa6-a794ad14c477"
  9. Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate

Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate: Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first post. It looks like a great site. My PC was running Windows 7 Ultimate and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. Unfortunately, my PC was in a perpetual "Reboot to finish installing updates" state, so I was unable to...
  10. Windows 10 Pro not activating on SSD but okay on HDD

Windows 10 Pro not activating on SSD but okay on HDD: With one of my current PC configurations, I have activated and have been using / activating Win 10 Home without problems. I think this was from a retail key. Recently, I have discovered / reminded myself that I also have a Win 10 Pro license on this setup, but after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate after installing to new ssd