Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielJestes, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process on the SSD. Originally I accidentally installed Home but I realized the mistake and reinstalled Pro which is the version I had on my HDD just prior to trying to installing the SSD. I went to the activation page and ran the troubleshooter under the, "I changed hardware recently" option and it said it failed. I restarted on my HDD and connected my license to my Microsoft account and then restarted on my SSD.

When I now go onto the devices page of my Microsoft account there are two desktop PCs, one being the HDD I was using previously and the other being the SSD I'm trying to activate now. Both are up to date running v1903 and say Windows 10 Professional. However, when I run the troubleshooter, only the PC name connected to the HDD shows up as an option to activate and not the other connected to the SSD.

I don't have a product key but I was, of course, running a legit version on my HDD before so I would expect that there would be the digital license tied to my motherboard. I, again, also connected my license on my HDD to my Microsoft account so it shouldn't matter even if I had changed my motherboard.

I don't care about the HDD and will probably just wipe that and use it as extra storage later, I just want to activate Windows on the SSD. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

DanielJestes, Aug 18, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. [​IMG]

4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD. - Similar Threads - Pro won't activate

2. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  3. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  4. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 pro won't activate

windows 10 pro won't activate: I built a new computer and installed windows 10 pro. I went to Microsoft to purchase a license. Whether my mistake or MS store I purchased a full download and key. When I downloaded the OS and key it immediately started to install on top of the previous install as an...
  6. Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap

Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap: From what I've read, moving the SSD to and back from a PC shouldn't cause any errors. However, my PC won't update to account.microsoft.com/devices at all. This is preventing me from accessing settings I need to use. This is a PC upgraded from windows 7. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Won't activate

Windows 10 Pro Won't activate: We have not used this computer for a while, we come back and it is not working. We replaced the RAM and BIOS Battery in the Computer and now it is working fine, only problem is it says it's not activated. We ran a scan to check what the key is and it's a Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.: Hello all. Recently my motherboard died and I had a shop replace with a fresh board of the exact same model. After a while of using the PC again I noticed the ''activate windows 10'' watermark showed up in the corner. So I go to the security screen, troubleshoot and...
  9. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change: I have changed most of the Hardware in my PC and I knew it was bound to happen that Windows is going to throw a fit I found a guide that said to just troubleshoot it and to specify that a Hardware change has happend. There is no such button for me there. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate

Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate: Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first post. It looks like a great site. My PC was running Windows 7 Ultimate and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. Unfortunately, my PC was in a perpetual "Reboot to finish installing updates" state, so I was unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate after installing to new ssd