Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a key for windows 10 i activated it whilst i was installing it on a second hand computer i bought, it later tells me windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GabrielCaddy, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home

Hello,

I bought a key for windows 10 i activated it whilst i was installing it on a second hand computer i bought, it later tells me windows 10 pro wasn't able to be activated as Windows 10 Home had been activated on this PC before, Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Gabriel John Caddy

:)

GabrielCaddy, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home

1. Windows 10 Pro won't activate because it says the computer is linked in with Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Pro won't activate

2. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  4. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...: As above.Dell Inspiron 15 5510Came with Windows 10 Home.Went into my account on the Microsoft website, selected the Dell device, went to upgrade by paying $99+Tax to go from Win 10 Home to Pro.The transaction went through Microsoft website now says my computer is Win 10 Pro...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Won't activate

Windows 10 Pro Won't activate: We have not used this computer for a while, we come back and it is not working. We replaced the RAM and BIOS Battery in the Computer and now it is working fine, only problem is it says it's not activated. We ran a scan to check what the key is and it's a Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Windows 10 Home won't activate!

Windows 10 Home won't activate!: Hey, After over a year+ of use, suddenly my windows 10 is asking to be activated. Red Error message on Settings > 'ACTIVATION' 'We cant activate because you dont have a valid code etc' Error: 0xC004F012 So I troubleshoot activation and get this error: Something...
  8. Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer

Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer: So yesterday for my birthday, I got a new computer. An Intel NUC8i5BEK. I installed Windows 10 pro from a USB stick I made from the Microsoft website. After installation it says I am not activated. So I run the troubleshooter and it says it can't find a digital license for...
  9. Windows 10 activation Home not pro

Windows 10 activation Home not pro: I jusg built a new gaming pc and installed windows off of a flash drive, I chose windows 10 pro and continued without a key. Yesterday I bought a windows 10 home key... when i go to settings to activate it says it does not work. I am assuming this is because the pc says...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate

Windows 10 Pro Won't Activate: Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first post. It looks like a great site. My PC was running Windows 7 Ultimate and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. Unfortunately, my PC was in a perpetual "Reboot to finish installing updates" state, so I was unable to...