Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I got a Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft for our nonprofit. I had a new computer with NO operating system on it. I had issues trying to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielLionJudah, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first

I got a Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft for our nonprofit. I had a new computer with NO operating system on it. I had issues trying to load Windows 10 Pro onto the new computer via a USB drive. I tried to change something in the BIOS settings to make it work, but it didn't. After calling Microsoft support, they helped me get Windows 10 Pro installed with a very simple fix. Now, however, every time I boot the computer it gives me a colorful screen without ever doing anything. When I turn it off, and then turn it on again, entering BIOS, I am able to exit BIOS and Windows loads and opens. The computer then seems to run fine. Can someone please help me fix the BIOS so it just loads straight to Windows?

Thank you!

Daniel

:)

DanielLionJudah, Jul 13, 2020
  2. sizzla Win User

impossible to enter in the bios

windows starts but this is to enter the bios that is impossible, the screen remains black when I press the del key and I have to force to make a reset in order to start Windows

sizzla, Jul 13, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first

1. Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first - Similar Threads - Pro won't boot

2. Windows 11 freezes to boot unless I first open bios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes to boot unless I first open bios.: The problem occured suddenly when my antivirus updated and I restarted the system. Now everytime I first have to open the bios and save the settings, only then my windows boots up, otherwise it freezes on the boot.Since then I have also noticed other problems such as windows...
  3. Windows 11 freezes to boot unless I first open bios.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes to boot unless I first open bios.: The problem occured suddenly when my antivirus updated and I restarted the system. Now everytime I first have to open the bios and save the settings, only then my windows boots up, otherwise it freezes on the boot.Since then I have also noticed other problems such as windows...
  4. Windows PC freezes on boot UNLESS I open the BIOS first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC freezes on boot UNLESS I open the BIOS first: This issue is literally driving me insane. I've asked for help on several forums, with plenty of suggestions but none have resolved the issue.For the past 3 weeks, my computer has been freezing on the Windows boot screen - the spinning circle will freeze in place, and the...
  5. Windows PC freezes on boot UNLESS I open the BIOS first

Windows PC freezes on boot UNLESS I open the BIOS first: This issue is literally driving me insane. I've asked for help on several forums, with plenty of suggestions but none have resolved the issue.For the past 3 weeks, my computer has been freezing on the Windows boot screen - the spinning circle will freeze in place, and the...
  6. Windows PC freezes on boot UNLESS I open the BIOS first

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer wont boot unless I enter the Bios and then exit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont boot unless I enter the Bios and then exit.: SO, I have a Dell computer and whenever I turn it off or try to restart it, it will beep 2 times and wont boot, however if i press the F2 key and enter then exit the BIOS it will start up normally. So, I check The BIOS for error messages, and it shows a Rear Fan Error, but...
  8. Computer wont boot unless I enter the Bios and then exit.

Computer wont boot unless I enter the Bios and then exit.: SO, I have a Dell computer and whenever I turn it off or try to restart it, it will beep 2 times and wont boot, however if i press the F2 key and enter then exit the BIOS it will start up normally. So, I check The BIOS for error messages, and it shows a Rear Fan Error, but...
  9. Computer wont boot unless I enter the Bios and then exit.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  10. Windows 11 won't load unless I go through Bios first.

Windows 11 won't load unless I go through Bios first.: I don't need to change any settings literally just need to press f2, go to bios and press escape then it will load just fine. It's an Acer nitro 5 an515-43. I tried replacing the CMOS battery, reinstalled windows, and ran the cmd chk check. None of those came to any different...