Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Friends, I have Win10Pro running on a Surface 2 laptop. I am trying to connect to a WDMycloudDL2100 unit which is visible on the network under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ed_53, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Ed_53 Win User

Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS

Friends,

I have Win10Pro running on a Surface 2 laptop. I am trying to connect to a WDMycloudDL2100 unit which is visible on the network under the Storage section, but is not visible when attempting to map a network drive to any of the shares. Clicking on the icon simply opens the device webpage OR comes up with a request for credentials which it refuses to accept. I also have the same problem with a Synology unit, so I don't think the issue is with the NAS, but some setting in Win10.

To make matters more interesting... the computer will connect to a iCSI drive on the same unit through the initiator app.

Any suggestions?

Ed

:)

Ed_53, Jan 23, 2021
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Mapping network devices such as NAS drives.

Dear Support,

I am having a massive problem with finding NAS devices on my network so I map them as network drives.

I had not changed any network configurations, but now I do not see my NAS drives in the list under "Network", nor can I map my NAS drives.

My previous mappings are fine and work OK. However, even the drives that were previously mapped that work OK do not appear in the list for the options of mapping network drives now.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an Intel 7th gen CPU, wired Ethernet.

I have checked to see that all my firmware is up to date, including router, NAS, network driver. I have checked that sharing is on, and turned off firewalls, made my network type private. I have searched every forum and technical note, and tried every video
    out there, but I am at the end of my tether with this problem.

The problem seemed to occur after updating Windows. Everything was working fine before, completely flawlessly.

I am basically now completely fed up with the situation, and my only option left is to move all my computers to Linux. The problem has basically cut off access to data I need to work and is costing me money and time. I basically just want to cry as there
    is no solution anywhere that I find. The Windows update has broken my network.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Kind regards, Ben.

Ben_Santos, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Otyokwa Win User

Map NAS Drive

I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map
    the drive from here. It only gives me the option to view the device web page or open media player. I do allow network sharing, have enabled netbios over tcpip but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Otyokwa, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS - Similar Threads - Pro won't map

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network: Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1586I have a DNS-321 NAS that has been working all along until the above update was installed. I used my utility software that came with this unit and it still will not map this drive. How can I get it working again? I tried this from another form...
  4. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network: Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1586I have a DNS-321 NAS that has been working all along until the above update was installed. I used my utility software that came with this unit and it still will not map this drive. How can I get it working again? I tried this from another form...
  5. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro: I have 2 NAS which work perfectly as mapped drives with XP and Windows 7 computers. Cannot get either NAS recognized using a Win 10 pro machine. Have tried to get SMB1 running and a work around using Functional Discovery Provider Host and Functional Discovery Resource...
  7. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  8. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  9. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network: Hi everyone, After trying tons of solutions available on the Internet, i am so desperate that I decided to create a topic. I have purchased a D-link DNS 320l recently (its used), and after several hours of trying I cannot map the NAS as a drive. Setup: - D-link...
  10. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...