Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My old PC died, wont even boot. I used to own Windows 7 professional and had the free upgrade to Windows 10, I have reinstalled windows 10 on my old pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Minakovic, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Minakovic Win User

Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard...

My old PC died, wont even boot. I used to own Windows 7 professional and had the free upgrade to Windows 10, I have reinstalled windows 10 on my old pc in the past with my digital license without any problems, now I'm unable to active it on my new pc, I have tried a few times with the trouble shooter and the hardware change it always failed, I decided to login the to Microsoft page and saw both computers, the old dead one and the new one, I deleted the old one, still can't reactivate my new pc, it's like the information is stored in some sort of licence manager at Microsoft and it just won't update. Any suggestions ?

:)

Minakovic, Jan 15, 2020

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Jan 15, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard...

Replacing Hard Drive & Windows

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

• The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro
    So, make sure you reinstall the correct edition of Windows 10.

You might be able to recover the data from the old hard disk, see:

How
    to recover data from a non booting hard disk

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard...

1. Windows 10 Pro wont reactivate on my new computer after replacing it and keeping same Hard... - Similar Threads - Pro wont reactivate

2. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro reactive on new computer: I try to deactive win 10 pro digital license and use it on my new computer but when i go to regedit to see my product key the key display is a default generic key for win 10 which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T here is the slmgr cmd if u guys wonder if the win locense legit...
  3. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 pro reactive on new computer: I try to deactive win 10 pro digital license and use it on my new computer but when i go to regedit to see my product key the key display is a default generic key for win 10 which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T here is the slmgr cmd if u guys wonder if the win locense legit...
  4. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  7. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement

Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10 I just replaced my hard drive. Since Dell did not provide me with a Windows disk, we reloaded Windows with a disk my techie husband already had. Since it was not the Dell OEM version of Windows 10, I am now unable to activate Windows. It's...
  9. Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall

Windows 10 Pro will not reactivate on same PC after reinstall: Hi folks, This is a very specific problem, and no amount of Internet scouring is showing an answer (and the stupid silicon 'virtual assistant' on MS's website is a waste of processing power and the energy it consumes). I bought a PC in Feb this year. On it was Win 10...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard: Hi, I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate it). After...