Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Won't Start After Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Won't Start After Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Seriously losing my mind and am desperate for help . . . Some sort of update happened overnight. When I started working this AM, there was a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by No IDLady, Dec 9, 2020.

1. No IDLady Win User

Windows 10 Pro Won't Start After Windows Update

Seriously losing my mind and am desperate for help . . .

Some sort of update happened overnight. When I started working this AM, there was a notice the PC would restart outside active hours; after working for an hour or so, I let it go ahead & restart because I was going to be gone for a couple of hours.

Upon return 2 hours later, I had the Windows logo with the spinning circle. Came back an hour later to the same. Tried to do a cold boot with the same result.

Restarted again & got the "Preparing for Automatic Repair" screen -- let it go for an hour with no progress. Yikes.

Started looking for solutions and followed this Answer by Kapil Arya MVP. Here are my results:

Windows 10 Pro Won't Start After Windows Update c32f09e2-e484-46df-9472-5cd9fbd41bc3?upload=true.jpg

I have no clue what any of that means, but my PC still cannot start Windows.

What do I do now??? I'm good at following clear directions.

TIA. As I said, I'm beyond desperate - I live in a rural area & just got off phone with the only computer store & the soonest they can look at it is next week. How on earth can a Windows Update completely break Windows?!?!

:)

No IDLady, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 9, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Won't Start After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Pro Won't Start

2. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  3. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  4. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer won't start after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't start after Windows 10 update: Windows had an update last night. I set my computer to update and restart, but it never restarted. I don't get anything on the screen, but I can hear the drive engaging and then I get a little beep as it stops. Then it tries again, over and over in a continuous loop. I have...
  6. Computer won't start after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't start after Windows 10 update: Windows had an update last night. I set my computer to update and restart, but it never restarted. I don't get anything on the screen, but I can hear the drive engaging and then I get a little beep as it stops. Then it tries again, over and over in a continuous loop. I have...
  7. Computer won't start after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. After Windows 10 update, PC won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 update, PC won't start: I have a custom built PC running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.630) - last build before the update. Until this latest update from Microsoft, I have not had any problems. My PC has a 3.40 GHz Intel Core i5-3570K cpu, 32 GB memory, 2 450GB SSD drives,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64 won't start after a froced update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro 64 won't start after a froced update: Hello, i need help because my Windows 10 PC just killed itself. I left the PC on while i had to run some some errands and when i came back i saw windows was updating itself. I waited for it and then the PC restarted itself. The problem is that it never turned itself back...
  10. Apps won't start after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't start after windows update: Hello everyone , last week i had this issue after a normal windows update where i couldn't open any apps , even the ones from windows if my computer had internet access when initiated ethernet and wi-fi had the same effect, but if i had no ethernet cable and my wi-fi adapter...