Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) this is the second day that I'm having these problems Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aleks-1994, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) this is the second day that I'm having these problems

Task bar problems:

1. Pinned icons not showing

2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the time is displayed

3. Minimized icons and tabs not showing

4. Task bar is still displayed when playing a full screen video or games

5. Startup icons that are running are not displayed

Tried to turn back some icons in the task bar settings but some of them are inactive and turned to Off and the option to turn them On is inactive

Black screen problems - problems start after login screen (after restart everything runs fine but the black screen appears from time to time after logging in to windows)

Any ideas on how to fix these problems

Tried a few methods to fix the problem but none of them seemed to help.

:)

aleks-1994, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Feb 24, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 24, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

Temporary Black Screen, then no problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I listed this in General Hardware, because frankly, I have no idea what piece of hardware could be causing my problem.

I have a problem with the following system (not the listed in system specs): E4600 2.4Ghz CPU; Conroe865pe motherboard; bfg 7800gs AGP video card; 2x1Gb Mushkin XP 4000 (DDR 500) Redline memory; Antec TruPower 550 PS; Creative Audigy 2SE; KDS 17" CRT monitor.

When booting up, after the Windows loading bar, it will be on a black screen for about 2 minutes before finally loading the sign-on screen. Then, once into Windows, after a minute or so the monitor signal disappears and the monitor says it is in power-saving mode. It will do this if I click on any icon, or if on the internet. It will do this 2 to 3 times within the first 5 minutes. After this, there is never another problem as long as the computer is on.

I recently took the monitor, video card, and power supply and the old memory from a jetway pt88as board and installed on the "new"(er) Conroe board. The old memory was a 2x1GB kit of Ultra PC3200. 2 weeks ago I upgraded the memory with the memory listed above. So: I can deduce that the memory is not the problem. Powersaving and hibernation are turned off in the screen properties in Windows. Graphics card temps are fine (45-50C) and its fans are controlled by Rivatuner. The CPU temps are also fine (35-37C idle, and 39-40C under load). Airflow is great in the Coolermaster Centurion 5 case, so I don't believe it's a temperature issue.

What would account for this temporary black screen problem? And why would it go away after a few minutes?

rtwjunkie, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

1. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem - Similar Threads - Pro x64 Task

2. Task Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Problem: taskbar nor immediate show when i am open the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-problem/09ae76f7-0e1e-46a2-8f0f-30cbd4e5aed1
  3. Task Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Problem: So I have a windows 11 laptop right, I have a problem that when I right click the taskbar, it only shows Task Manager and Taskbar Settings. I don't know how to put the other things in, could anyone help me?...
  4. Task bar problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar problems: I'm on a Japanese version of Windows 10, with English set as my main language, dual monitors.After installing the June Windows update, some icons are not showing in my taskbar, and my taskbar keep resetting itself- everything freezes for a few seconds, the taskbar disappears,...
  5. Problem on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911
  6. Black Screen / Login Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen / Login Problem: Hello there, since a few days I am facing a problem that I would describe as seriously odd... I hope that someone here might be able to guide me towards a solution… Description of my problem: Each time I restart my laptop everything works just fine until the moment I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login: Hi All, So I have a strange problem. Specs: HP 15s-fq1514na windows 10 pro 1909 When I login to the laptop all is fine, when I lock my laptop pressing "win + L" the screen goes black. When I remove the external monitor the laptop screen is flickering and when I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem: Hi I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) I'm having this problem for a couple of days now. Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not showing 2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the...
  9. Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login: So I recently bought a Sager NP8268-s gaming laptop from XoticPC and here are the specs it came with: CPU: Intel Core i7-4170MQ 2.5-3.5 Ghz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 6GB Storage: SSD - 128GB Micron m600 msata HDD - 1TB 7200RPM (SATA II - 3gb/s) RAM: 8GB DDR3...
  10. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.: I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen. After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse...