Windows 10: Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro 64bit and ssd and 16gb on my Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO. It happens to me very often on the desktop to copy a file and it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Nov 16, 2019.

1. hispanico Win User

Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop

I have windows 10 pro 64bit and ssd and 16gb on my Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO.
    It happens to me very often on the desktop to copy a file and it does not appear until after a long time or appears if I select refrash. So similarly in the folders .. unzipped a zip file and the extracted folder does not appear, I have to refresh, the same if i created a new folder is not appear immediatly

Thank for suggestions
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Nov 16, 2019
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop - Similar Threads - problem does refresh

2. what does refresh on desktop in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does refresh on desktop in windows: what does refresh on desktop in windows????... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-refresh-on-desktop-in-windows/96614c4d-c870-42c9-a429-1b5d6970e349
  3. what does refresh on desktop in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does refresh on desktop in windows: what does refresh on desktop in windows????... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-refresh-on-desktop-in-windows/96614c4d-c870-42c9-a429-1b5d6970e349
  4. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  5. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  6. Windows 10 desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop refresh: Hey, when I press a key on my keyboard while I'm not using a program, my entire desktop and taskbar turn solid yellow, leaving only my cursor, and refresh my theme color is yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop refresh problem Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my Desktop continually refreshing on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop - Windows 10 Home - Version 1903, 64-bit. I have not installed any new software recently and this has happened out of the blue. I can access Task Manager. I have tried to restart...
  8. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  9. 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Desktop Refresh Problem: I installed 1803 from an ISO yesterday performing an upgrade from 1709 ?... and now I notice that the desktop icons and the taskbar refresh themselves frequently I read one user said every 2 mins that sounds about right... to me it seems as if Explorer is refreshing it's self...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. Upgrade went quite smoothly with one very majoy annoyance. THE WINDOWS DESKTOP and TASK BAR is refreshing very frequently. This sometimes makes it impossible to carry out a simple task. If anybody can please help...