Windows 10: Windows 10 problem with desktop icons

Discus and support Windows 10 problem with desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have a problem with desktop icons. After moving icon in other folder it stay on desktop and create a copy in folder were was moved! And only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bogdan_Gir, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Bogdan_Gir Win User

Windows 10 problem with desktop icons

Hi. I have a problem with desktop icons. After moving icon in other folder it stay on desktop and create a copy in folder were was moved! And only one method to remove from desktop is press delete(

:)

Bogdan_Gir, Oct 20, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Peter1986C Win User
    Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 20, 2018
  4. twicksisted Win User

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 problem with desktop icons - Similar Threads - problem desktop icons

2. Place icons on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Place icons on Windows 10 desktop: I've just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am still adjusting to more complicated steps. How do I place an icon for Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my desktop. Right now I can only access them on the Taskbar. I'm not used to using the Taskbar for access?...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement

Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement: How do you keep Windows 10 from rearranging desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icon-arrangement/75605984-7870-4b96-a728-7148a6c005b5
  4. moving icons on desktop - windows 10

moving icons on desktop - windows 10: When I press on an icon to move it to a folder on desk top, immediately the file (of icon) is opened, and I am unable to move it in to the folder. Same problem if I want to shift the icon to another place. I tried to press hard on the icon for shifting, but I end up only...
  5. windows 10 desktop icons

windows 10 desktop icons: ok so I had been a win 7 fan now I got win 10 I am unable to get control panel my computer recycle bin etc on desktop please help me out I want same as win 7 thanks...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?

Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?: Where have all my Desktop Icons gone?? - desktop icon is now down on the bottom taskbar - really inconvenient https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-desktop-icons-disappeared/d19af09c-0dbd-4399-a866-3805585832db
  7. desktop icons are not visible in windows 10

desktop icons are not visible in windows 10: icons are not visible in my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-icons-are-not-visible-in-windows-10/51eae92c-eb25-4db8-a2ec-41215fca423f
  8. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  9. Desktop Icons Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Problems: I have searched, I promise.....My desktop icons are all whacked somehow. I have never seen this problem before. I have them set to Medium, Auto Arrange etc. Any help would be very much appreciated. 90841
  10. Desktop flashing icons loop problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop flashing icons loop problem.: I've been away for a couple weeks and started up my desktop with Win 10 Pro 64 a couple days ago. No problems until yesterday afternoon when it rebooted by itself as it sometimes does when left idling. I figure it's auto updating since we can't choose when we can't choose...