Windows 10: Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

Discus and support Windows 10 problem with display after wake up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem when after my Windows 10 desktop wakes up after sleep, my chrome or Edge window that I had open reappears up in the left corner and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by impalaman6406, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

I have a problem when after my Windows 10 desktop wakes up after sleep, my chrome or Edge window that I had open reappears up in the left corner and downsized from my personal adjustment before sleep. It's a pain having to re-adjust the window every time it wakes up. Nobody knows how to fix this. Chrome also has trouble loading. I try clearing the cashe but it loads poorly soon after. Any one know the solution? Thanks

:)

impalaman6406, Jul 2, 2019

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

1. Windows 10 problem with display after wake up - Similar Threads - problem display wake

2. Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!: Hello everyone, I experienced this behavior, from last week. when my display turns off by default for idling for 5mins when it again turns on by clicking mouse or keyboard display came back and mouse pointer works normal, but nothing can be clicked, i pressed windows key on...
  3. Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!: Hello everyone, I experienced this behavior, from last week. when my display turns off by default for idling for 5mins when it again turns on by clicking mouse or keyboard display came back and mouse pointer works normal, but nothing can be clicked, i pressed windows key on...
  4. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  5. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  6. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  7. Playback problem on waking up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback problem on waking up in Windows 10: Hello, my laptop does not play any media (video and audio) after every time it wakes up from sleep. It would be OK when restarted. Has Windows 10 recently installed. Thank you....
  8. Wake up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up problems: Hi all my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , anyone knows how to fix ? Thx 48515
  9. problem waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem waking up: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks 11207
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...