Windows 10: windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app

Discus and support windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cannot open attachments. get message" microsoft edge could not access download directory. also the photo app not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jim17ns, Mar 25, 2019.

1. jim17ns Win User

windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app

cannot open attachments. get message" microsoft edge could not access download directory. also the photo app not working

:)

jim17ns, Mar 25, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 25, 2019
  3. VEE
    vee Win User
    Windows 10 Photo app open double window

I have exactly same problem.
    To reproduce bug.
    1. open folder that contain .jpg photo
    2. double click or click on that photo and press enter on keyboard to make sure you open once
    3. windows 10 open collection window with photo viewer window.
    If step 3 is not occur, you may need to restart pc/log out and re log in/turn off and turn on pc. This problem does not happen everytime.

4. windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app

"Download failed" when attempting to open an attached photo to an email

Hello Dauds,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, in would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you using Mail app or a browser to view your mails?

• If you are using a browser, which browser are you using to view mails?

• Do you get any error code following the error message?

• Are you not able to open the attached photo sent only from the iPhone devices?

Method 1:

Step 1: If the issue persists with Mail app, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue
    is resolved.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and
    the Store.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to check if similar issue persists if you try to download the attached picture from the mail in the web browser.

Method 2: If the issue persists when using a browser, I suggest you to check if similar issue persist when you try to download the attached photo in the mail on the other web browser.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app

1. windows 10 problem with opening attachments and photo app - Similar Threads - problem opening attachments

2. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  3. Windows 10 Photo App will not open!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Photo App will not open!: Hi Guys, Got an issue with the windows 10 photos app that has absolutely bewildered me! For some reason the app will open for 3 seconds as a blank black screen then turn off. I have donne the usual google for a resolution however nothing I have tried has worked. Steps I have...
  4. Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open "photo" attachments on email: I have been having problems opening "email" photo attachments. When I click on the "clip", all I get is a blank piece of paper where the photo should appear. I have made numerous calls to my Internet Provider which is: Orbitelcom.com and today they said to call Microsoft...
  5. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment: Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 photos app

Problem with Windows 10 photos app: Ive been using this app with no problems for several years but now when i try to download photos from my camera card i get an import items screen with no photos showing...when i click on link "why dont i see all my files?" I get message " photos can only import files that are...
  7. Problem opening attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem opening attachments: Half the time when I open an attachment it opens correctly-the other half it opens behind the screen necessitating that I close the screen to see the attachment. I changed browsers but that did not help. How can I correct this problem?...
  8. Windows 10 Photo app problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Photo app problems: The Photo app does not always show the camera's metadata date & time taken, shutter/aperture/ISO settings when viewing File Info. This is inconsistent and I can't figure out why. Sometimes it shows up, other times the date/time are incorrect especially AM & PM, or the camera...
  9. How to I attach a photo in Windows 10 Photo App to a Gmail message?

How to I attach a photo in Windows 10 Photo App to a Gmail message?: In creating an email with my Gmail acct, I can not access my Windows 10 Photo App photos to make an attachment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-attach-a-photo-in-windows-10-photo-app-to/bde40284-d8c9-4f66-9b7b-8ff1eb6a4836
  10. Problems with Photos App Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Photos App Windows 10: The application is not working as it should, does not apply the modifications to the photos, also freezes more often than I would accept, help me solve this, please...