Windows 10: Windows 10 Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just opened my laptop and its lagging so much i cannot type or open any files or application, i cannot open start and I also noticed that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duskrekt, Mar 26, 2016.

1. duskrekt Win User

Windows 10 Problem

So I just opened my laptop and its lagging so much i cannot type or open any files or application, i cannot open start and I also noticed that the microsoft edge icon is missing. So I tried to reinstall the windows again but its stuck on scanning and repairing c: in 9% How can I fix this?

Edit
    Now it goes back 0%

:)

duskrekt, Mar 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Mar 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Mar 26, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Problem

Hi diskrekt and welcome to Tenforums.

I'm not sure I understand about the scan you say it's doing now - is that a CHKDSK? If so, you've got hard drive issues, and you should probably let that scan complete, (if it will complete), to see if they can be corrected. How old is your drive? When's the last time you checked the health/SMART?

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  5. duskrekt Win User
    My laptop is like 1/2 year old. I haven't yet check the health of the hard drive. I'm just trying to reinstall windows 10 again because its so laggy like i cannot type or open anykind of applications the start button is not working. I left it overnight scanning and repairing drive c but it's still at 1%

duskrekt, Mar 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Usually it is third party Security software causing it, not Windows.

bro67, Mar 27, 2016
  7. duskrekt Win User
    What do you mean third party security software? I only have Windows defender.

duskrekt, Mar 27, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Problem

If it is only Defender, then software is not the problem, Hardware is.

When you post something about an issue, you need to give more then just that you are having issues scanning the drive.

We are not mind readers, nor do we have crystal balls.

A Hard drive can fail, especially on a laptop, in the amount of time you have had it.

bro67, Mar 27, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Hmmm...sounds like a hard drive issue. How did you go about trying to reinstall Windows? Did you make a flash drive of the ISO, or burn a DVD? If you boot to the install media, you can select format drive before install, and no CHKDSK will be done/needed. See instructions here:
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

But, if your hard drive is failing/has failed, you will not be able to get through the installation, I think.

simrick, Mar 27, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    simrick, Mar 27, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    I agree with Simrick, do a clean install, if the HDD was temp borked/is borked from the last install, that may correct the situation. It will certainly assist in issue determination. If it doesn't do a clean install, then you have a HW issue with the drive IMO.

RWOne, Mar 27, 2016
  12. duskrekt Win User
    I tried reinstalling Windows by resetting it, I went to a computer service shop they tried to boot in another OS (Windows 7) the OS still detects it. They said my hard drive has a problem so I bought a new one.

duskrekt, Apr 1, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Problem

Just as we suspected. So, were you able to reinstall W10 then successfully?

simrick, Apr 1, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    If it's 6 months old, you'd be due a replacement under warranty.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2016
  15. duskrekt Win User
    Sorry for the late reply.

Nope, It went back to the Windows 8.1 because that key is already installed on the motherboard, can I still go back to windows 10? I also test my HDD again put it on a case but it is still working I don't know why....

duskrekt, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Problem

1. Windows 10 Problem - Similar Threads - Problem

2. "Your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" problem: have tried everything to find out why my PC can't do any screen recordings or replace. It can screenshot but that's it really. I did try game DVR also tried registry keys but they don't seem to work out for me. And I do have the minimum requirements to record, so why is it...
  3. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  4. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  7. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  9. problem with update and restart

problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  10. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...