Windows 10: Windows 10 problems on HP laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 problems on HP laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is less than 2 years old. I only use it for schoolwork, so I’m not visiting any malicious websites as far as I know. Every few months I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rattyman13, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 problems on HP laptop

My laptop is less than 2 years old. I only use it for schoolwork, so I’m not visiting any malicious websites as far as I know. Every few months I go to turn on my laptop and it fails to boot up. I get stuck on a black screen with spinning dots With an HP logo above like its loading up Windows, then the HP disappears and its just the spinning dots. The first time it happened I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB and became extremely careful about what websites I visited. It has happened again though. My laptop got stuck in the black screen with spinning dots for over 6 hours. So I attempted to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB again. But this time it has installed very slow, way slower than it did the first time. It took forever for Windows 10 to load up so that I could even move my mouse on the screen. And once I was able to move the cursor it asked me to restart the computer. But after the very slow restart it just got stuck on the same black screen with spinning dots for hours. Did a factory reset and tried tried to install Windows 10 from a USB again. Currently been waiting almost 4 hours on the reinstall, way longer than any previous attempts. Is this potentially a hard drive failure, or some hardware issue? Its an HDD. The fan is very loud but I don’t hear any clicking. I’ve tried to look up the issue but haven’t found a solution anywhere. I’m not particularly tech savvy, but can follow instructions. Pleas help. My laptop is an HP Model 15-cs0064st

:)

Rattyman13, Apr 26, 2020

2. Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 problems on HP laptop

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 problems on HP laptop

1. Windows 10 problems on HP laptop - Similar Threads - problems laptop

2. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  3. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

7. I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors...

I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors...: I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors like unexpected store exception , critical process died , etc. Please help how to solve it? here are my log files from event managerlogslogs...
  8. I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors...: I bought my laptop in 2021 and since then i am facing problem of frequent bluescreen errors like unexpected store exception , critical process died , etc. Please help how to solve it? here are my log files from event managerlogslogs...
  9. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  10. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...