Windows 10: Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage

Discus and support Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have two problems: 1) When my laptop is plugged it shows two different battery life percentages, and 2) When the battery life is around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rogger Asmat, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage

Hello, I have two problems:

1) When my laptop is plugged it shows two different battery life percentages, and

2) When the battery life is around 30%-40% my laptop suspends without warning and I can't use until I plug it to the AC, when I turn it on again(while plugged to AC) it shows 0% of battery, but at least what I've been doing when it suspended is still there

I would be very thankful if somebody could tell me what the problem is.

:)

Rogger Asmat, Jul 17, 2019

2. Battery Percentage Windows 10

It makes no sense to not have a battery percentage indicator on mouseover. Clicking on the icon to see the percentage leftover is an extra step I'd rather not take.

RyanColby1984, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Manually Change Windows Battery Percentage

I'm in an awkward problem. I have a laptop with a faulty battery whose battery percentage doesn't go beyond 3% doesn't matter how much time I leave it for charging. Now I need to flash new BIOS firmware which requires at least 10% battery life. Now I know my laptop won't ever go beyond that percentage. What can be the possible solution without changing the battery of course? Is there some place where Windows store battery percentage? Any way to hack there? Or maybe fool the BIOS software?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x86.

Paras Sidhu, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage

The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage

1. Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage - Similar Threads - Problems battery life

2. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  3. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Battery Percentage on taskbar in Windows 10

Battery Percentage on taskbar in Windows 10: Battery indicator should be replaced with the battery percentage in windows 10, so for the windows dev to prioritize this issue, please votehere https://aka.ms/AA5rlyk in Feedback hub. Thank you. Please try to spread the same....
  6. Battery Percentage in Windows 10

Battery Percentage in Windows 10: has this been resolved bc i just searched for it and could not tell. all similar questions/threads are locked, not helpful. tyia - the 3rd party apps or ones from the store don't seem to work properly; i have to manually start the program each time. please let me know of...
  7. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  8. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  9. Battery Percentage in Windows 10

Battery Percentage in Windows 10: Hi, I was wondering when Windows 10 would incorporate the option of having the battery in percentage rather than display a bar? I mean, the Fall Update included a percentage indicator to Bluetooth devices, but not to the actual laptop battery itself? I was wondering when...
  10. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...