Windows 10: Windows 10 problems

Discus and support Windows 10 problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Iupgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 on the 01/08/15. Theissues I have are:- Havea start menu but will not open Windowsedge will not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hoggie, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Hoggie Win User

Windows 10 problems

Iupgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 on the 01/08/15.
    Theissues I have are:-

Havea start menu but will not open
    Windowsedge will not open
    NoCortana
    Cannotadd another user

WhatI have tried to date are:-

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\Sources\Install.wim:1/LimitAccess

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach{Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register"$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get an error with this Get-AppXPackagenot recognized.

sfc /scannow

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetypebundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Do any of you guys know of any think else I can try?Also I f I roll back to windows 8.1 can I still come back to windows 10 in say6 moths time?

Cheer’s

Windows 8.1 Pro64bit
    Case STYLISH SILVER/BLACK TRIDENT CASE + 2 FRONT USB
    Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 965 SOCKET AM3 (3.40GHz/8MB CACHE) - BLACK
    EDITION
    Motherboard ASUS® M4A785TD-V EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe
    x1, 3 x PCI
    Memory (RAM) 8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    PSU 630W Thermaltake Berlin + 120mm Case Fan

:)

Hoggie, Aug 2, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 problems

You may have to re-install clean. However, you can try doing a reset first.

Settings->Update & Security->Recovery->Reset This PC

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 problems

1. Windows 10 problems - Similar Threads - problems

2. Problem getting dbcdcontrol.dll installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem getting dbcdcontrol.dll installed: I have the VBA code for a Macro that requires cddbcontrol.dll. I have downloaded cddbcontrol.dll and when I try to install it with regsvr32 I get a message saying that it was installed but the entry point could not be found. I have tried installing cddbcontrol.dll in both...
  3. Problem getting dbcdcontrol.dll installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem getting dbcdcontrol.dll installed: I have the VBA code for a Macro that requires cddbcontrol.dll. I have downloaded cddbcontrol.dll and when I try to install it with regsvr32 I get a message saying that it was installed but the entry point could not be found. I have tried installing cddbcontrol.dll in both...
  4. Problem getting dbcdcontrol.dll installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen problem: I cannot install windows 10 from USB drive Kingston 32 GB . It shows file not found . My computer is stuck at blue-screen .I can only see automatic repair ?? How can I fix this problem? Help...
  6. Blue screen problem

Blue screen problem: I cannot install windows 10 from USB drive Kingston 32 GB . It shows file not found . My computer is stuck at blue-screen .I can only see automatic repair ?? How can I fix this problem? Help...
  7. Blue screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems: I'm unable to load any H265 videos into RaceRender on Windows 11. This includes videos from any source, such as GoPro, https://test-videos.co.uk/bigbuckbunny/mp4-h265, or videos converted to H265 with ffmpeg. I get the error message shown below. The problem does not happen on...
  9. Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems

Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems: I'm unable to load any H265 videos into RaceRender on Windows 11. This includes videos from any source, such as GoPro, https://test-videos.co.uk/bigbuckbunny/mp4-h265, or videos converted to H265 with ffmpeg. I get the error message shown below. The problem does not happen on...
  10. problem with drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with drag and drop: every time i try and drag and drop a file from one file window to another it pulls up the "this files may be harmful for your computer" and this only started happening this year. This also doesn't happen when i copy and paste the files, I've tried a lot of the common...