Windows 10: Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?

Discus and support Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello.. I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop after upgrading it to Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.685). I did it previously, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glassyrajat, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?

Hello..

I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop after upgrading it to Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.685). I did it previously, and my windows got activated automatically, but this time its not..

I logged in with same Microsoft Account as previously, but its not activated this time..

I got the Genuine Windows with the laptop only when i bought it...

Before reinstalling i took backup of my laptop credentials with a tool..

now i noticed that my Product ID is different then of the details i have in backup text file..

I am afraid to ask, Is it possible that Product ID is changed. ?? (becoz as far i knw, its the hardware ID).

Please guide on how to reactivate my windows..

Rajat Jain

:)

glassyrajat, Dec 27, 2020
  2. maranna Win User

product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .? [​IMG]

Superfly, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?

1. Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .? - Similar Threads - Product Changed Invalid

2. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  3. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  4. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Home product key is invalid

Windows 10 Home product key is invalid: When I tried pausing updates, I was unable to do so because "my organization disabled that". However, I use my laptop personally, so I have no organization or administrator to control that. I looked into it further and saw that Windows Insider might have disabled it. But I...
  6. Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?

Windows 10 Product ID Changed, So Invalid Product Key .?: Hello there.. I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop. I did it previously, and my windows got activated automatically, but this time its not.. i logged in with same Microsoft Account as previously, but its not activated this time.. I got the Genuine Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?

Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?: Hello there.. I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop. I did it previously, and my windows got activated automatically, but this time it not.. i logged in with same Microsoft Account, but its not activated .. I got the windows with the laptop only when i...
  8. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  9. Product ID changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product ID changed: Ihave been having problems with my hp envy 360 for few months now. Things such as not being allowed access to files in my computer, many Xbox messages saying i have a pass and i am being offered access to an account with my name and full profile already established, ads...
  10. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...