Windows 10: Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809

Discus and support Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I managed to update to version 1809 using media creation tool, after struggling with failure to do so for ages via automatic updates and upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Immortal beloved, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809

I managed to update to version 1809 using media creation tool, after struggling with failure to do so for ages via automatic updates and upgrade helper..

But on updating to version 1809, I found out that I am unable to customize my desktop, and then I found a message saying windows is not activated..

Error Code 0x80004005..

Troubleshooter couldn't do anything.. It said there is a key for Windows 10 home single language already in the laptop and I'd need to install that. Well. That's what is actually installed anyway.. Next it asked me to go to the store... Actually now the microsoft store won't even open...

Tried entering the Key I obtained from my laptop using an application called ProduKey which let me see my product ID and Product key.. But it didn't work at all, probably because I didn't change the product key and typed the original one that came with the laptop..

Digital license is supposed to be hassle free, but I am experiencing these many difficulties..

I also tried using command prompt as it was given in some discussion.. I got this "error 0xc004e016 on a computer running microsoft windows non-core edition run slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004e016 to display the error text"

Then I tried using slui.exe 3 on windows powershell.. Nothing happened....

Then I tried this

CMD (admin)

slmgr /upk (here, it showed that there is no registered key!)
    slmgr.vbs /cpky
    slmgr /ckms
    slmgr.vbs /ckms
    slmgr /skms localhost

:)

Immortal beloved, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows Activation Key Failure

Hi,

There are several reasons why an activation will fail and some of these are third-party antivirus programs and/or a wrong edition is installed. For us to know the main reason behind this, kindly provided us the information we need below:

• Have you upgraded from a previous version of Windows?
    • Describe to us how exactly have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the exact error message you're getting?

Meanwhile, you can check this article Activation in Windows 10 to check the details on how you can activate your Windows 10 product key. We
    also suggest in reading through this forum article
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10
    created by Andre Da Costa for steps that you can follow in possibly resolving your concern.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 3, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809

1. Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809 - Similar Threads - product key activation

2. Windows product key after activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows product key after activation: Hey,So I just installed windows 11 on a new device. On an old laptop I found a retail key so I got the code by typing "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in the command prompt.I then proceeded to activate windows on the new device.Now, after the...
  3. Windows product key after activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows product key after activation: Hey,So I just installed windows 11 on a new device. On an old laptop I found a retail key so I got the code by typing "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in the command prompt.I then proceeded to activate windows on the new device.Now, after the...
  4. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  5. Repeated Failure to Update, stuck on version 1809

Repeated Failure to Update, stuck on version 1809: Windows is repeatedly failing to update. It's becoming a very serious problem. I've used both the normal update process and Windows Update Assistant. I've run the troubleshooter for updates and it says it's resolved some issues but doesn't show me what they were. But if I...
  6. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  7. Failure to activate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failure to activate product key: Hello, I have acquired a Windows Education Edition product key from my university. However, I can't seem to activate it in the Activation tab in Settings. I have tried linking my school account to my Microsoft account, but even then it did not work. I'm getting a "The...
  8. Windows 10 1809 feature update to version 1909 failure

Windows 10 1809 feature update to version 1909 failure: I'm continually getting update error codes, the latest is code Ox80070005- Ox2000A "failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT...
  9. Windows 10 update to version 1809 and 1903 failures

Windows 10 update to version 1809 and 1903 failures: I have a dell XPS8100 PC currently running version 1803 of Windows 10. It keeps alternately trying to update to version 1809 and when that fails it tries version 1903, which also fails see log below:-[ATTACH] My PC details are as follows:- [ATTACH] I'm running Norton...
  10. Right system failure in Window 10 after update to version 1809

Right system failure in Window 10 after update to version 1809: Hi, after installing the last Windows 10 update (version 1809) I am not able to run Excel VBA "record macro". When trying to save the macro the error message "unable to record" appears (Office 2016). Meanwhile I´m sure that the problem are the missing rights in Windows10:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. product key of windows 10 version 1809