Windows 10: Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've upgraded my PC with some different hardware components and I had to re-install Windows. I did so utilizing a new disk because I could not boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanaPlant, Apr 12, 2020.

1. DanaPlant Win User

Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer

I've upgraded my PC with some different hardware components and I had to re-install Windows. I did so utilizing a new disk because I could not boot from the original and I did not want to wipe it. I can't seem to find the Product Key using any third party software but I do not want to purchase Windows 10 again when I had a working copy.

I've searched in the registry of the old hard drive but it seems to be populated with the same information as the new hard drive. I'm at a loss. Please advise!

:)

DanaPlant, Apr 12, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer

Transfer free Windows 10 Preview 10240 from HDD to a new SSD

I've acquired the free Windows 10 licence from Insider program. I don't have neither Windows 7 or 8 licence. System is installed on my spare and slow HDD.

• Can I transfer or reinstall Windows 10 on my main HDD or on a new SSD? Will the system activate properly after clone or reinstall?
    • Where I can find the product key which were given to the preview members?

radzioradzio, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer

1. Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer - Similar Threads - Product Key HDD

2. transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  3. Product key transfer

Product key transfer: I have a HP desktop with Windows 10 home 64 bit. Can I deactivate the product key on the HP desktop and use it to activate a new PC that I built? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-transfer/b9c9cafe-4ac2-42c4-9060-c367dd95af0d
  4. Windows 10 Product Key Transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Product Key Transfer: So, I have bought a Windows 10 Pro Retail Copy from Amazon a year ago. The product key is registered to my old laptop. I am planning of discarding it. Is there a way to transfer the product key to my new laptop? If so, please explain me the process. submitted by...
  5. Windows product key transfer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows product key transfer?: So I bought a laptop off ebay (I know...but I was looking for a specific one). It has Windows Home on it, but the original owner still has it activated through their ms account. Yes, I am literally logging into the laptop as their account, they sent me the new "password" but...
  6. Windows 10 Product Key Transferring

Windows 10 Product Key Transferring: Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I came here to ask if I can reuse a windows 10 product key I got when purchasing my laptop and use it with a new pc. If not, when I search "windows software key" the top results for buying them are $20, $35, and some for $10....
  7. Transfer Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Product Key: I had 3 computers 2 desktops and one laptop that ran Windows 7 Home. I bought 3 keys to upgrade them to Windows 8 Pro, then Window 10 was released and I upgraded them to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. I have since replaced 2of them a laptop with Windows 10...
  8. Transfer Product Key

Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  9. Product Key Transfer

Product Key Transfer: I have a windows 10 pro product key on another laptop. This key was originally an 8 pro key which I could transfer between multiple devices. This laptop is dying and I uninstalled the key to install it on my current laptop which currently runs Windows 10 home; however, I...
  10. Transfer of product key

Transfer of product key: My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed PC. Windows states I must first deactivate the first computer in order to transfer the product key. How do I do that if the...