Windows 10: windows 10 product key change to different computer

Discus and support windows 10 product key change to different computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my old computer was destroyed.. i have a new computer but want to keep my other product key.. it is a better version of windows.. how do i get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EyEx5DivineRo, Oct 17, 2020.

1. windows 10 product key change to different computer

my old computer was destroyed.. i have a new computer but want to keep my other product key.. it is a better version of windows.. how do i get the product key? it is still connected to my microsoft account.. would they have access? both devices are connected to my microsoft account.. a pos tablet mt4308 and the galaxy book.. the galaxy book is no longer applicable.. i want to use the windows key from it and use it with the pos tablet..

:)

EyEx5DivineRo, Oct 17, 2020

2. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Oct 17, 2020
  3. encom45 Win User
    Windows 10 Prod key shows different

I have installed windows 10 pro on newly installed pc, I purchased a key while back i used an app called prodkey to find what the prod key is so i could use the same key for new pc. however when i activate with key that i bought Prod key reports it as a different key all together *Confused I guess im little confused on this as well with how it handles License keys like it is activated but not - lot different than Win7. Does windows 10 actually require a key after a fresh install, the step where it asks to put in product key I skipped that step as i would do it later but when i go to System in control panel it says Windows is activated huh? so i selected change product key and put in the key i purchased not sure why the app prod key shows a totally different prod key from C:\windows.

encom45, Oct 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

windows 10 product key change to different computer

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 product key change to different computer

1. windows 10 product key change to different computer - Similar Threads - product key change

2. Windows Product Key is different in system windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key is different in system windows 10: Hello,I'm trying to understand why the product key is diffrent from the CD-KEY that I bought and that I used at start to acivate my windows 10. For exemple in my current system Windows 10:Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  3. Windows Product Key is different in system windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key is different in system windows 10: Hello,I'm trying to understand why the product key is diffrent from the CD-KEY that I bought and that I used at start to acivate my windows 10. For exemple in my current system Windows 10:Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  4. Windows Product Key is different in system windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  6. different product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  7. Changing product key of windows 10

Changing product key of windows 10: I currently have windows 10 on my computer already installed but it isn't activated. The computer is still usable but I want to change my product key because it seems to be the only option I can do right now. I am considering buying on amazon from Microsoft, the price right...
  8. Different Product Keys

Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  9. Different Product Keys?

Different Product Keys?: Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7. Any clues as to why he PKs do not match? Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and...
  10. Change Product Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Product Key in Windows 10: How to: Change Product Key in Windows 10 How to Change Product Key in Windows 10 [img] Information Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Sometimes you may...