Windows 10: Windows 10 Product Key didn’t work

Discus and support Windows 10 Product Key didn’t work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 Home a couple days ago. I installed windows 10 after struggling a bit. The windows on my laptop, is Windows 10 Enterprise. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CaitIyn, Feb 27, 2021.

1. CaitIyn Win User

Windows 10 Product Key didn’t work

I purchased Windows 10 Home a couple days ago. I installed windows 10 after struggling a bit. The windows on my laptop, is Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to change the product key to the one i purchased but i got an error everytime. I concluded that it would be better to buy a brand new windows 10 laptop in the near future.

But since i spent $200 CAD, id still like to get a refund. Is there anyway to get one for a digital product key?

:)

CaitIyn, Feb 27, 2021
  2. OneMoar Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

windows 10 can also activate solely based on HWID no key required how do you think the microsoft store activation works it installs a generic key and activates based on hwid

OneMoar, Feb 27, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Feb 27, 2021
  4. cdawall Win User

It needs a key if it has never had windows 10 installed on it before.

cdawall, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Product Key didn’t work - Similar Threads - Product Key didn’t

2. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Product Key Not Working: I recently found my old windows 10 laptop from the basement. It was a Windows 10 Pro Edition. The laptop was completely dead and could not boot up. However, I found the product key for it. Unfortunately I could not apply the Pro edition key on my main Windows 11 Home pc....
  3. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  4. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  5. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows product key not working: My laptop had window 8.1 when I bought it. I upgraded it to windows 10 when it got released. after a few years my laptops hard disk failed and I bought a new one. But I could not manage to get a windows 10 installation at that time. Now i got an opportunity to reinstall it...
  7. Windows product key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key not working: I just obtained a NZXT pre-built PC but when I got it Windows 10 key would not work they gave me a 2nd key and the 2nd key also did not work. They asked me to contact you guys for assistance. Thank you!...
  8. Windows 10 Product Key Not working

Windows 10 Product Key Not working: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope y'all are doing well. not like welp, I have a problem. Here's the problem: So I restarted my computer because I had mass of storage so I deleted every file, except the personal ones. and it said: Activate Windows. I was saying to myself,...
  9. Windows 10 product key not work

Windows 10 product key not work: I am trying to enter my windows 10 product key to activate it, but its dose not work. It was work before on the same system but I change the mother board and cpu. please help me to solve this issue. Thanks...
  10. Windows Product Key Not Working

Windows Product Key Not Working: Hi, I have purchased windows 10 pro and whenever I enter the product key it says it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-key-not-working/7b19233c-4938-4ba1-a1f7-078357a13aa1"