Windows 10: windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc.

Discus and support windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; basically, the title. I booted up windows 10 no problem. i have a license attached to my account, or at least i should, because it's worked the last 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimeSwirlyCow, Oct 19, 2019.

1. windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc.

basically, the title. I booted up windows 10 no problem. i have a license attached to my account, or at least i should, because it's worked the last 2 pcs ive used.

however, after building my new pc, again i started up windows, all was well. The next day (today) the little watermark is on the bottom right, and if i use the trouble shooter, it says "no windows 10 product key is found on this pc"

again, this is ****. both the microsft website, and the setting of the pc say i have W10 installed and activated, but the settings wont "activate" it, and the watermark remains.

I can find nothing about this on the website, and i can't just re-enter the product key because its attached to my account. Any ideas?

:)

TimeSwirlyCow, Oct 19, 2019
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 19, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc.

windows 10 activation product key

Windows 10 is different from previous versions of Windows, you do not need to know your Product Key. If for example you want to re-install Windows, it will be activated automatically as long as your system was previously activated.

If you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC',
    and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc.

1. windows 10 product key "not found", website says its activated on my pc. - Similar Threads - product key found

2. I found my product key, but still can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found my product key, but still can't activate windows: I found my product key, yet I still can't activate windows because it says it can't connect to my organizations activation server, I have internet as indicated by my ability to post this and this is a personal computer, I don't know what organization windows is speaking of....
  3. I found my product key, but still can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found my product key, but still can't activate windows: I found my product key, yet I still can't activate windows because it says it can't connect to my organizations activation server, I have internet as indicated by my ability to post this and this is a personal computer, I don't know what organization windows is speaking of....
  4. I found my product key, but still can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. my windows 10 says its not activated on my new PC and says because I was not activated when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows 10 says its not activated on my new PC and says because I was not activated when...: windows 10 says its not activated on my new PC and says because I was not activated when I updated said I am running an unauthentic copy, which is total rubbish...
  6. Activation key product not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation key product not found: Activation key product, I cannot found it, can you help me please? I search for but unfortunately not found, due to transferring process from place to others. thanks...
  7. My PC suddenly says its not activated

My PC suddenly says its not activated: Been through troubleshooting Nothing.....then it asked me for the passwords for my three hotmail accounrts, accepted them, but then said faied to activate, tried the 3 DISM commands Nothing Should I try an in place upgrade ? will that sort it ?its Windows 10 PRO I have had...
  8. Windows 10 saying its not activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 saying its not activated: After upgrading my pc windows is saying that it is no longer activated. I tried troubleshooting but it keeps giving me errors after selecting my pc. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/TraverseAxe [link] [comments]...
  9. Activation Says My Product Key 'did not work'.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Activation Says My Product Key 'did not work'.: I bought a new Activation Key and the Microsoft System says it 'does not work' and that I should try a NEW one. Then it says that I can change my Product Key....and THAT does not work. Then it tries to SELL me a NEW Windows 10 Pro for an ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY. I'm...
  10. windows 10 active but no product key found

windows 10 active but no product key found: After latest update, windows asking me to activate windows every time i'm switch on my computer.... My version is like the picture below. [ATTACH] After I had activate my windows, it show this result.... [ATTACH] Troubleshooting product activation solve the issue,...