Windows 10: Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase

Discus and support Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently lost my computer due to a fire and was not able to recover the hdd i installed windows on. Is there any way to recover my product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelGaudet2, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase

Hello, I recently lost my computer due to a fire and was not able to recover the hdd i installed windows on. Is there any way to recover my product key or am I SOL? I called the support center but all i got was a robot that told me to ask on here.... I hope I can get this resolve since i only bought it a few months ago and dont really feel like spending another 150 bucks on something i just bought

:)

MichaelGaudet2, Nov 20, 2020

2. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Enter a Product key

Hi MohammadMoharram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the version of Windows installed on your PC, is that Windows 10 Home or Pro?
    2. Are you receiving any error message, when you are trying to activate your Windows 10?
    3. Have you purchased the product key for Windows 10 while purchasing the laptop?
    4. How did you run windows recovery?

However, I suggest you to refer this thread article on
    using the Activation troubleshooter
    and
    Activation in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 20, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase

My Product Key

You can create a bootable USB, DVD or CD of Kyhi's recovery drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Boot the computer from that and it contains Superfly's Showkey Plus utility which will display any product keys stored in bios/UEFI and what version of Windows the product key is for:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase

1. Windows 10 product key recovery from purchase - Similar Threads - product key recovery

2. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  3. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  4. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  6. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  7. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Acquire Windows 10 product key from purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Acquire Windows 10 product key from purchase: I'm needing my windows 10 product key so that I can reinstall windows. I've lost my card that has the product key on it and all I have is the receipt/invoice from Newegg. This product key was not attached to a Microsoft account and my login account was a local account....
  9. windows 10 product key recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 product key recovery: windows 10 product key recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-product-key-recovery/408cc06c-8ef0-42f7-84d3-dbb4931fca9a
  10. Recovery of a lost product key purchased online from mircosoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recovery of a lost product key purchased online from mircosoft store.: I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 Pro online from the Microsoft Store. I installed on my computer, but before I had the chance to change the product key, my computer was attack by ransomware. During the recovery, I had to reformat my hard drive to eliminate the ransomware....