Windows 10: Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that is about a year and half old, a few months ago I got a watermark saying to activate windows, I found my product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zkay72, Jan 5, 2021.

1. zkay72 Win User

Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working

I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that is about a year and half old, a few months ago I got a watermark saying to activate windows, I found my product key and re-entered it, but it's saying it's not valid. To my knowledge I never entered the key on another laptop and I'm not sure what the issue is here. Thanks for any advice.

:)

zkay72, Jan 5, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Aquinus Win User
    windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Jan 5, 2021
  4. dom99 Win User

windows 10 key

I haven't read all the replies but I can tell you that doing a fresh install of windows 10 and using your windows 8 product key does not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone to microsoft and unless something has changed in the last couple of months you have to install windows 8 and upgrade from there (using methods stated in this thread).

Although it does automatically activate when doing a fresh install of windows 10 when windows 8 was previously activated.

I cheated in the end after getting frustrated and used an MSDN licence from work which I will have to stop using at some point *Frown Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working :(

dom99, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Product Key Stopped

2. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  3. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  4. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows product key not working: My laptop had window 8.1 when I bought it. I upgraded it to windows 10 when it got released. after a few years my laptops hard disk failed and I bought a new one. But I could not manage to get a windows 10 installation at that time. Now i got an opportunity to reinstall it...
  6. My product key suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My product key suddenly stopped working: I purchased MS Office two years ago, now after the windows reinstallation, I started seeing the message that I should activate my license, but the product key that I am entering is not accepted. Please advise on my following actions....
  7. Windows product key not working

Windows product key not working: I just obtained a NZXT pre-built PC but when I got it Windows 10 key would not work they gave me a 2nd key and the 2nd key also did not work. They asked me to contact you guys for assistance. Thank you!...
  8. Windows 10 Product Key Not working

Windows 10 Product Key Not working: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope y'all are doing well. not like welp, I have a problem. Here's the problem: So I restarted my computer because I had mass of storage so I deleted every file, except the personal ones. and it said: Activate Windows. I was saying to myself,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware: I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it told me that the product key is invalid and that I should purchase windows?...
  10. Windows 10 product key not work

Windows 10 product key not work: I am trying to enter my windows 10 product key to activate it, but its dose not work. It was work before on the same system but I change the mother board and cpu. please help me to solve this issue. Thanks...