Windows 10: Windows 10 Product Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I lost my windows 10 product key due to Hard disk crash. Windows 10 is upgraded from windows 7 original, (windows 8 & 8.1) and that product key for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VINODS2, Jun 19, 2019.

1. VINODS2 Win User

Windows 10 Product Key

I lost my windows 10 product key due to Hard disk crash. Windows 10 is upgraded from windows 7 original, (windows 8 & 8.1) and that product key for windows 7 is with me. Please help me to restore the software.

Thanks and Regards

Vinod.S

:)

VINODS2, Jun 19, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Product Key

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Product Key

1. Windows 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it?

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it?: A week ago my computer was acting up and I thought it would be a good idea to get the product key from the computer and so I did by using this tutorial below. A few days ago my computer died on me. Instead of buying a new computer I wanted I decided to build one and I have...
  3. Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen: Hi I have been having an issue with a computer that goes as follows During a windows update the computer froze and when switched off something went wrong and the computer restarted with a blue screen and a “repairing” loading screen that stayed stuck at 0% for about 24...
  4. Window Activation Failed product key install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window Activation Failed product key install: I purchased Winddow10 home from online store 3-4 years ago my Order Number is 13539559811. Few months ago, Activate Window notification appeared on the right corner of my screen. I was trying to put my Product key but the system said "The product key you entered did not...
  5. Different Product Keys

Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  6. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed...
  7. about windows 10 product key

about windows 10 product key: i want a query about windows 10 product key is windows 10 pro retail key can be installed to other pc at same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-10-product-key/ffe81e89-a038-4286-86ad-8a932a334cf1"
  8. Refund upon my product key

Refund upon my product key: hi I have bought a Microsoft product key which I have installed on my machine but I would like a refund and I would like to get my windows back to the standard addition "home" without having to buy a new one thanks...
  9. Product key issues

Product key issues: hi i had a dell laptop that was pre installed with windows 8, i got free update to windows 10 home, now i have changed my device because of hardware failures in that laptop and i am using an assembled pc and i want to use the same windows 10 home, i have my product key...
  10. How to check product key is valid

How to check product key is valid: Hello, bought product keys years ago but unsure which ones are live, is there a quick way to check this? As I don't want to make purchases that would lead me to having to make more....