Windows 10: Windows 10 Product Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got this computer from my parents as a gift a couple years ago and I don't remember it coming with a product key and my parents had already got rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamieherron1, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Product Key

I got this computer from my parents as a gift a couple years ago and I don't remember it coming with a product key and my parents had already got rid of the box it came in. When I started it up, windows 10 was already installed on it, I just had to do a few updates and I didn't have any trouble with it until a few months back when I got this message that won't go away at the bottom right corner of my screen saying I need to activate windows. However, I don't have a product key that I am aware of and I don't exactly want to buy another in case I do have a product key but just don't know where, or how to get it. This is a genuine computer and it is a genuine copy of windows, I just don't know my product key. I talked to the AI support and it didn't help me at all, so I was hoping people here could help me out. I just want to be able to get rid of that annoying message permanently and be able to change my wallpaper. Please help.

:)

jamieherron1, Mar 27, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Product Key

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Product Key

1. Windows 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. product key is not working

product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  5. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  6. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  8. need to purchase product key for windows 8

need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  9. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  10. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...