Windows 10: Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Discus and support Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been a Windows 7 user and am now obviously being pushed to upgrade to Windows 10. I happen to have acquired a couple of second-hand laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by br1anstorm, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I have been a Windows 7 user and am now obviously being pushed to upgrade to Windows 10. I happen to have acquired a couple of second-hand laptops which already have Windows 10 installed. But I have a query about activation. One of these second-hand laptops is obviously an ex-corporate ThinkPad, sold with Win10 Pro installed. I have however discovered that the OS was apparently activated via the original business user, using the KMS system (with which I was unfamiliar). It looks as if - sometime in the next few months - that will be deactivated unless "renewed" by contact with a KMS server somewhere, which is obviously no longer possible. So I face the prospect of seeing the OS cease to function. I could of course replace that Win10 OS with Linux (which I have on other machines). But I am looking at another option. I also have a very small Acer netbook with modest CPU and RAM. It, too, has Win10 installed (possibly as an upgrade from the original Win7, I don't know). As far as I know this Windows installation in the Acer netbook is properly and legitimately activated. But Win10 struggles to run, as it clearly needs more resources than this little Acer can provide. So having Win10 on this small netbook is really not much use. So my question is: can I remove or uninstall Win10 from the Acer netbook, and somehow use it, or its product key, to reinstall or activate Win10 on the ThinkPad? I am not using Win10 on any additional computers: I just want to use the Win10 for which I have the proper key, on the ThinkPad instead of the Acer netbook.

:)

br1anstorm, May 4, 2021
  2. Superfly Win User

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I just tested a Win 8 RTM Professional OEM key on clean install and got the same issue.

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle [​IMG]

It is accepted in the change Product Key dialogue, however.

Superfly, May 4, 2021
  3. Superfly Win User

OK, I just clean installed to VM skipped the key - then entered the Win 8 key that setup refused in the change product key thingy and it activated.

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle [​IMG]

Got a default OEM: DM key for the digital licence.

Superfly, May 4, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Alphanumeric has the same problem with one W8 machine. As reported earlier in the thread...

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle - post #20

Which early build was required? If we knew that, making an ISO/USB with an MCT for an earlier build is still possible using the MCT wrapper from here on GitHub....

Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper for all MCT Windows 10 versions from 1507 to 21H1 with business (Enterprise) edition support . GitHub

Bree, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle - Similar Threads - product keys activation

2. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  3. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  4. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  5. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  6. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. KMS activation

KMS activation: Sorry for my bad english, I am a bulgarian So, when i first got my laptop and I installed windows 10 on it I activted it with KMS with cmd. Its a way to pirate windows 10 but i dont do it because i realised that its wrong. Anyway, i bought a legit key for windows 10 but now i...
  8. Windows 10 not activating with product key

Windows 10 not activating with product key: as above just bought windows 10 and received a product key and the computer isn't accepting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-activating-with-product-key/d374e542-41b7-4d92-9f6b-d2240a0168c2
  9. windows 10 activation - product key

windows 10 activation - product key: my windows 10 license is going to end soon. What should I do now? I don't have any product key .Is it possible that we can download it for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-product-key/aa7c05bc-4c7b-4fef-a72d-078057d20568
  10. Tried to remove KMS product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to remove KMS product key: So I was an idiot and used the KMS product key activation software, then fast forward 2 years (did not need to replace the key) I decided I wanted to remove it. So I tried changing the product key, it said Windows 10 was not activated and theres no product key, so I reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kms for 21h1