Windows 10: Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers...

Discus and support Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just before Thanksgiving I purchased a refurbished HP 8100 with Win 10 Professional installed, and following screenshot lists my system information:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muchnle, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Muchnle Win User

Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers...

Just before Thanksgiving I purchased a refurbished HP 8100 with Win 10 Professional installed, and following screenshot lists my system information:

Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers... [​IMG] (hopefully this image I posted can be viewed)

every so often the functionality of the browsers whether using edge or chrome stops working in whole or part (freezes up), and I need to hit the keys alt control delete to get it to unfreeze. I would love to know if there is an easy solution or suggestions on what I might check. I have confirmed all my Windows 10 updates are current. Although I indicated this is a browser issue I have also had it happen in Word and on my taskbar.

The system is using 2 hard drives, one an SSD for the operating system and the other a SATA. I also note that the seller added 16 GB RAM to the motherboard at my request.

:)

Muchnle, Dec 12, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. "Internet Explorer Not Responding" and browser will freeze on Windows 10.

Hi David,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Does the issue occur more often on the browser?
    • Did you try closing and reopening the browser?

The above issue may occur due to following reasons:

• Low memory, or damaged or missing system files.
    • Un-installed updates.
    • Browser cache is full

Method 1: Close and reopen the browser to check if similar issue persists. If the issue persists, run
    Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the browser component is missing or corrupted.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing or corrupted browser components after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, disable and enable the
    Internet Explorer by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Internet Explorer, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • From the window, uncheck Internet Explorer 11 option and click on
      OK.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check
      Internet Explorer 11 option and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on What to do when Internet Explorer isn’t working:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers...

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers...

1. Windows 10 Prof Issue - certain apps "freeze" (in whole or part), mostly internet browsers... - Similar Threads - Prof Issue certain

2. Apps crash or whole laptop freezes, probably memory issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps crash or whole laptop freezes, probably memory issues.: Hello! For a while now, apps such as google chrome and cs:go keep crashing and/or freezing. When it freezes it freezes my entire laptop and I have to manually shut it down using the power button. I've had problems with page file size, let my system manage it and it got to...
  3. Apps crash or whole laptop freezes, probably memory issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps crash or whole laptop freezes, probably memory issues.: Hello! For a while now, apps such as google chrome and cs:go keep crashing and/or freezing. When it freezes it freezes my entire laptop and I have to manually shut it down using the power button. I've had problems with page file size, let my system manage it and it got to...
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet

Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet: Hello,For the past few months, I've been having trouble connecting to the internet but only using certain apps like Discord and games like Roblox. My internet works fine however on other apps like Chrome and Valorant. I've already tried most of the common solutions and even...
  5. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  6. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  7. Internet issue with browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet issue with browser: I have connected my laptop with wifi in it zoom is working but on opening browser searching sites except indiabix.com all other site show site cannot be reached why this is happening...
  8. Issues DLing images with certain browsers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues DLing images with certain browsers.: I recently had to restore Windows 10 in my laptop and then reinstall Chrome. When I did I found that I'm having issues downloading images and videos. If I download an image it will sometimes hang in limbo for a bit and not allow me to try to DL another image. Sometimes it'll...
  9. Internet browser issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet browser issue: Hi there, I have been having an issue for some months now. I will suddenly see a thick (1-2") block either top or bottom of my web browser. At the same time I can no longer use the browser and have to restart my machine to get rid of it. I use a laptop and docking station...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser: Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. certain apps unstable freeze windows 10