Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I want to Upgrade from my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional on my current Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark09(2), May 27, 2019.

1. Mark09(2) Win User

Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

Hello,

I want to Upgrade from my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional on my current Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer. I have been informed from a reliable source that Windows 10 is not compatible with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer because of drivers may not be available. Could this be possible? Drivers? I am somewhat confused. Please let me know if Windows 10 Professional is compatible with my current Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer.

Sincerely,

Mark

:)

Mark09(2), May 27, 2019
  2. reebslynn Win User

integrated camera & finger print not working on my lenovo thinkpad T420 with Windows 10

integrated camera & finger print not working on my lenovo thinkpad T420 with windows 10. In the driver properties it says they are both working and up to date with the latest drivers. When i try to look up my products with the computer serial number on
    the lenovo site it says my laptop is windows 7 and does not give me the option to look for drivers for windows 10. someone help me please.

reebslynn, May 27, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Lenovo Thinkpad T420 clean install after upgrade.

One more thing to consider: Lenovo does a good job of supporting its PCs through its support pages. They have a utility called System Update 5 that you can grab from the support pages for your T420 model. Once installed, it will tell you if Lenovo thinks you need any drivers. They don't always move as quickly to recognize updates as they could, but they do a pretty good job of lagging somewhat behind the leading edge...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: here's what the utility looks like (I have a T520 and an X220 Tablet, both Lenovo laptops):

Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer [​IMG]

EdTittel, May 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

Windows 10 alerts on Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Error The external tool "DiskDefragmentationGUI" could not be found for os "Windows Unknown Major Release Service Pack 0 Professional x86 64-bit" .

Original title: Windows 10 alerts on Lenovo ThinkPad T420

Ever since installing Windows 10 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox generates the following message: The external tool "DiskDefragmentationGUI" could not be found for os "Windows Unknown Major Release Service Pack 0 Professional x86
    64-bit" . I see on line that others have the same issue, but neither Lenovo nor Microsoft seem to have offered any solutions yet. I also get at the same time two quite similar messages with the following differences: "PrintersAndFaxes Folder" and ""NetworkSharingCenter"
    instead of "DiskDefragmentationGUI". Can anyone help? Rick.

RickPoynter, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

1. Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer - Similar Threads - Professional Compatibility Lenovo

2. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  3. idea thinkpad - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    idea thinkpad - Lenovo: i just got this lapto over the weekend and am still i'm unable to create Hello ID - Pin or fingerprint. I keep getting an error mssg that "Oops something went wrong.. log into account.live.com to fix". nothing gets resolved.. i logged in using an existing gmail and then...
  4. New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops: Lenovo’s latest additions to its ThinkPad portfolio include a completely redesigned X13 and X13 Yoga with 16:10 aspect ratio displays and updated T and L series. The company also introduced a new premium display and refreshed ThinkPad mobile workstations with...
  5. TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD

TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD: Updated drivers but still cant get touchpad to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-on-lenovo-thinkpad/e713eb98-38b9-4f08-9c3d-74f361e10b0f
  6. Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.: I want to download apps to my laptop but, whenever I try my mobile is the only device listed. How do I download to my Lenovo? Thank you very much. I have Windows Pro 10....
  7. Lenovo ThinkPad error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo ThinkPad error: [IMG][IMG]Hello! I can’t open any program on my laptop lenovo t440, and I have 2 errors. One with power manager gauge and the other with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I can’t open settings, can’t open programs such as explorer or chrome. I can open windows...
  8. Lenovo thinkpad battery

Lenovo thinkpad battery: Hello everyone, I am having a problem with my lenovo think pad battery it is only charging up to 65 to 73% and it ends there it started some few days ago and i don't know how to fix it so that it could charge up to the normal 100% any help please?...
  9. Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad: I am trying to get the recovery key to a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have followed the instructions, but no key appears. What do I do next???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-of-lenovo-thinkpad/1bc9c829-3557-45ff-a4bd-0ff8b12405d0
  10. Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 Compatible?

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 Compatible?: Hello, I know my computer (Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420) can run Windows 10 as it states that in the Windows 10 Program. I was wondering if Lenovo released all the drivers(32-bit) that i would need properly run Windows 10. I have gone to Lenovo's website and looked at the...